1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MSDG Webpage

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by FionnMcCumhall, Aug 9, 2003.

1. FionnMcCumhall

FionnMcCumhall Chieftain

I require a small page for the MSDG to explain to potential players about the game, how to join and so on. The main link to the forum i figure would be to the MSDG citizen registry so that a potential players can automatically register.

Let me know what you think. Much thanks

Fionn

2. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

I think that we really need some way to advertise this game, it is in a bit of a lull.

Maybe we could post 'artistic' pictures of the game - that is, not actual screenshots, just some vague info, and some very undetailed pictures. Enough to bring up huge curiosity :).

3. amirsan

amirsan King of all Kings

Yeah, maybe we could do the same type of Demo Map that they did for the site in our DG3??? It looked pretty nice if you ask me and would be pretty helpful for begginners that want to see what actually does what and what position is higher than the other. Don't you think?

4. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

That seems to have a point:)
    Good idea!

5. FionnMcCumhall

FionnMcCumhall Chieftain

YO!!! you guys gonna do anything to add to the Civ Demogame website network or no. I need to know if there are plans to have a simple page letting people know about your part in the demogame network or would prefer the forum link to stay instead

6. Gingerbread Man

Hmm, I will try to come up with something, tomorrow. Give me a day or two, and I may be able to put something together.

7. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Oh, you found ths thread again, Fionn.:D

Almost two months without posts in this thread...:rolleyes: It must have ben forgotten under the turmoil of the GCA- war...

8. FionnMcCumhall

FionnMcCumhall Chieftain

no, i was letting people work on things but seeing as i have to crack the whip in 3 different areas it takes time, plus i do go to school so final projects have also taken up my time.

9. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Hard work.

10. Gingerbread Man

Yeah, school always limits me from some things...

dont worry, tomorrow is the last day for me for two weeks.

11. FionnMcCumhall

FionnMcCumhall Chieftain

Friday is my last....for a week :)

12. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I have still a month till my holiday...:(

13. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Hey, that site should be made! Or at least the MSDG should be advertised more! There are way to few people here responding regularily...:( Maybe we should post a note on the cfc main news page, but not letting any vital info slid out anyway. I don't think people recognize that there is a MSDG up and rolling, because it's here nder the official DG... Maybe this forum should be moved, so new people would more easily realize this is an option too. The main MSDG forum should be moved to a different place, for instnce the forum main page, or something. IMHO, this is way too deep in the DG forum to be easily found.

14. Gingerbread Man

Yes, I agree.

One of the reason I haven't made a page (apart from just plain apathy) is the lack of content that I can put in. We need some tales that we can tell, but we cant have any images of the map, or anything that would describe our position in the game. Which makes it very hard. I would ask whoever is in charge to see what we can do, but really, I dont who who is in charge of what anymore.

15. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Hmm. Maybe we should really post a roll call to see who government officials still are here, and if we need new ones, elections should be held.