Mt.Fuji culture lost

CatGarfield

Chieftain
I was playing a cultural game with England (epic, immortal, fractal), and founded a city next to Mt.Fuji mainly because of the culture it provides. As the game progressed, I noticed that the tile yield from Mt.Fuji had dropped to just 1 gold and nothing else. Mt. Fuji is not supposed to become obsolete at a certain point in the game, is it? This happened somewhere between turns 300 and 351. It's been a while since I finished the game, and since nobody answered my question in the quick Q&A-thread, I figured I might report it here.

I'm not using any Mods and should have the latest version/patch of the game (1.0.1.511).

I've attached two saved game files from the game, one where Mt.Fuji is still working properly (turn 300) and one where it's not (turn 351).

Attachments

• Elizabeth_0351 AD-1655.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • Elizabeth_0300 AD-1400.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
I managed to pinpoint this event (bug?) to turn 324. In the beginning of the turn, Mt.Fuji yields 1 gold and 5 culture like it's supposed to. I've gained enough culture to pick a new social policy, and once I've chosen it (Universal Suffrage, the last of the Freedom policy tree), the culture from Mt.Fuji disappears.

The Freedom Policy tree finisher shouldn't affect Natural Wonders in any way, should it? And even if (some) Natural Wonders are affected the same way as Great Person tile improvements, the yield should't disappear, it should double, right?

I'll attach the save file from turn 324. I've tried it twice, picking up the same policy (the best and pretty much only choice in this situation, universal suffrage), and the same thing happens. Culture yield from Mt.Fuji just vanishes.

Attachments

• Fuji Elizabeth_0324 AD-1520.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
I confirm that bug: lost culture from Mt Fuji when I finished freedom tree - although the culture icon was still on Mt Fuji - , but continued when I chose another SP.

Weird.

Ok, I was playing another cultural game, and had the Skilldorado in my territory. Right after finishing Freedom, the culture yield from the tile vanished. Settings were pretty much the same, no Mods etc. Now I can't even assign a citizen to work the tile, the slot's gone too. It's like a desert tile, except there's that fancy building of no use whatsoever. Annoying. I'll upload the save, if someone wants to check for him/herself. I'm pretty much convinced that this is a bug. And it needs to be fixed. I was thinking of forcing myself to fill seven SP trees before I start to construct the Utopia Project, just to see how it goes. This adds an unintended challenge to the task.

Attachments

• Elizabeth_0317 AD-1485.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
I agree, check the Culture in the city, if it has changed then it's a bug, if it doesn't, it's a graphic bug

I agree, check the Culture in the city, if it has changed then it's a bug, if it doesn't, it's a graphic bug

The culture in the city dropped, and the citizen working the tile was kicked out of it. And the slot to assign a citizen to that particular tile vanished too. It was like desert tile with no resources, no slot available.

Top Bottom