Mt. Rainier ?

brewgod

Prince
Hello Fellow Civ 6 Fans,

On the live stream with Ed Beach he had Mt. Rainier on his game. That's not listed on my content of Mountains etc. when I play. Does anyone here seen Mt. Rainier on their games?

Thanks

Brew God

It's a random volcano name for the American civilization. It would make a nice Natural Wonder, though.

Hello Fellow Civ 6 Fans,

On the live stream with Ed Beach he had Mt. Rainier on his game. That's not listed on my content of Mountains etc. when I play. Does anyone here seen Mt. Rainier on their games?

Thanks

Brew God

Jep. In my last America game as Teddy Bull Moose.

It's a random volcano name for the American civilization. It would make a nice Natural Wonder, though.
It seems to show up whenever America is in the game, as near as I can tell from my games.

It is one of the prime reasons I want the option to re-name natural terrain features in the game: the native name for it was Tahoma, Tacoma, Tacobet or Teq ube (depending on whether you were speaking Salish or Lushootseed/Puget Salish), meaning "White Mother" or "White/Snow-Covered Mountain", probably because it shows a snow-capped peak year-round. Rainier is totally inappropriate, since he was a British admiral who never even saw the mountain.

It is, by the way, considered one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world, because it is considered virtually certain to erupt within the next century and looms over southern Puget Sound and over 80,000 people (me included!)

Tahoma, Tacoma, Tacobet or Teq ube (depending on whether you were speaking Salish or Lushootseed/Puget Salish)
A number of Coast Salish languages, like Lushootseed, are noteworthy for being among the few languages in the world not to have nasal consonants, having turned them into voiced plosives (as can be seen in the variation between Tacoma and Təqʷubəʔ). (And I'm all for Rainier following Denali's example and formally resuming its Indigenous name rather than Random Unrelated European.)

Top Bottom