Mt1 Glorious Athens

mastertyguy

I'm tired!
Who would like some AW-OCC succession game? I do!
Civ: Greece
Level: Regent for now
Map: standard, continent, 70% (or whatever)
Opponents: all random

- MasterTyguy
- Heroes
- Formula51
- ?
- ?

mastertyguy said:
Who would like some AW-OCC succession game? I do!
Civ: Greece
Level: your choice
Map: standard, continent, 70% (or whatever)
Opponents: all random

- MasterTyguy
- ?
- ?
- ?
- ?

Level? Chieftain? Warlord? Regent? It seems that Zeus is a must ...

I'd join if I weren't in the same situation Own is - and if I had civ access right now anyways.

I know it's been done on Regent, but depending on the AW experience you guys manage to get, perhaps it's best to be done on Warlord first to get the kicks of it.

Beorn-eL-Feared said:
I'd join if I weren't in the same situation Own is - and if I had civ access right now anyways.

I know it's been done on Regent, but depending on the AW experience you guys manage to get, perhaps it's best to be done on Warlord first to get the kicks of it.

It's a long time since last low level game ... So maybe it's fun to have a warlord one! :D

Own said:
This has been done (small pangaea) on emperor. The team said it actually was pretty easy. Maybe you could try demigod?

What?! I guess there are a lot of differences between small and standard maps ...

Heroes said:
Level? Chieftain? Warlord? Regent? It seems that Zeus is a must ...
I'd play it regent or monarch because I'm kinda used with OCC-AW games (at least 3-4). But I don't know if everyone is OK at this level. So we may try regent, but it is subject to change.
Heroes said:
What?! I guess there are a lot of differences between small and standard maps ...
For sure. Simply for the tech rate.

mastertyguy said:
I'd play it regent or monarch because I'm kinda used with OCC-AW games (at least 3-4). But I don't know if everyone is OK at this level. So we may try regent, but it is subject to change.

For sure. Simply for the tech rate.

OCC AW, so interesting an idea ...
OK, let's compromise and try regent, if everyone is ok, -- although "everyone" is only you and me for now. :lol:

OK, we'll start now, and whoever wants to play will join during the game. Good?
I'll start it today. Until 1000 bc, EDIT: or until there is some action, we'll play 20-30 turns. I don't think slashing enter again and again is very fun.

This is our start:

It's fine. The gold on hills is very good for us.
First, we must finish the colossus.
4000: settle on the spot, send worker on furs, start colossus, start CB
3650: finish road, move worker on the grass
3600: start mine
3400: finish CB, start writing
3150: finish road and mine on the grass, move on the gold
3100: start a mine
2670: I'm lost in turn calculation, so I'm finished. writing is due for 12 turns. colossus for 47 turns.
Good luck!

mastertyguy said:
This is our start:

It's fine. The gold on hills is very good for us.
First, we must finish the colossus.
4000: settle on the spot, send worker on furs, start colossus, start CB
3650: finish road, move worker on the grass
3600: start mine
3400: finish CB, start writing
3150: finish road and mine on the grass, move on the gold
3100: start a mine
2670: I'm lost in turn calculation, so I'm finished. writing is due for 12 turns. colossus for 47 turns.
Good luck!

Got it. But guy, are you really so confident with this mediocre start location?!
I thought we need ivory, cow(s) and hills, to build Colossus, Zeus, GLib, MoM ..., and look for a 20k victory! :D
What's your plan? Do you really want to raze all their cities? I guess we will have too few units to even destroy all the settlers! :lol:

We are building Colossus without a single hoplite, oh well ... :D

In 1910 BC, we met a Mongol scout. Alphabet + 15 gold = Wheel. Writing = Pottery + Warrior Code + 10 gold. We have ceremonial burial and they have 15 gold, but we declare. :nuke:

In 1790 BC, a Babylon city is founded near Athens. Wheel + Writing = Masonry + 25 gold. Then declare.

In 1675 BC, we get philosophy and ... literature ... and Aristotle! :goodjob:

Should we rush pyramid or GLib?

Our mighty military has 1 worker and 1 SGL, and that's it:

Attachments

• mt1_bc1675_aristotle.JPG
    mt1_bc1675_aristotle.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 319
I note the GLib will trigger GA (Colossus for com, GL for sci), so we should rush pyramid. Are we going to 20k or conquest?

Heroes said:
Got it. But guy, are you really so confident with this mediocre start location?!
I thought we need ivory, cow(s) and hills, to build Colossus, Zeus, GLib, MoM ..., and look for a 20k victory! :D
What's your plan? Do you really want to raze all their cities? I guess we will have too few units to even destroy all the settlers! :lol:
We have hills, even a gold hill. It is necessary. And we're next tp water. That's primordial too. And we have a luxury.
We are going for 20K. I'd say rush the GLib. Those culture points :drool: Also, the Library may give us a few techs (some now, more later, like republic (even tough we don't need it).

Top Bottom