Mulcarn Reborn Feedback

Kael

Deity
Make sure you have some time free and a cup of warm cocoa handy before starting this scenario. Let me know what you think in this thread.

Yes, though most of the sneaky folks here found ways around that.

It still claims not to exist yet, but I'm playing it right now.

The first time I loaded the game (as Rhoanna) the cities had no units in them, and after I tried selecting a city the game crashed. I just started over (this time As Falamar), and so far things seem to be working fine.

Edit: I just noticed that Volanna of the Doviello's capital city is located on an Ocean tile. That seems quite odd.
Edit2: It seems that a Caravel accidentally wandering into that city just destroyed her civilization.

I noticed my ally teammates using workers to build mana nodes, is this supposed to be happening?

Also at the start I could see a dead Malk and Calblim city. I'm guessing you get one of them based on who you sided with in Wages of Sin/Into the Desert?

It is also quite infuriating to see your AI teammates constantly messing up what you were trying to do, but I guess thats the challenge.

Gayest Scenario ever made, the computer just keeps switching me around, I build a hamlet, next computer which comes after me builds a workshop, and so on and so forth. I try to use some civics, the computer switches them around, each time i have to play a civ, 2-3 turns are anarchy ones.
LAME!

eh.. FOURasin4 Illian civilizations against me?( me, who's anybody nowhere)
make that baking a chocolate pie and eating it during stasis

As cool a concept as high to low is (and that was actually the first time I played with that option), it's incredibly annoying since there really isn't enough time to do much of anything before you switch civs, but during that short time the AI manages to redo all of the improvements you put down.

..which makes this scenario almost unplayable. There should be a special rule in this one that your team AI cannot build over existing improvements. Or at least not able to build anything over towns..

At least it should only switch you 3 Times like the normal high to low ( but still your wasting your 40+ turns of the game).
And civics is another thing the AI changes ( i go agrarism and everytime the AI comes he switches me to conquest...)3-4 turns lost due to anarchy per switch.
Not funny.

I never realized how bad the AI's were until now. A hundred turns in, Fail-amar has built the Pact of the Nilhorn, and is now spamming Triremes. Despite his fleet he's somehow managed to lose the coves I built, and his triremes just sit outside his (only)city while the Doviello pillage our workboats and kill our galleys.

Decius's AI has apparently gotten stuck. His city is like size 3, he's in the Conquest civic, and is building nothing but Lightbringers. Which are of course being immediately killed by the (now very experienced) barbs and animals.

And Rhoanna.. the one time I switched to her, she had an archer in her capital and 3 galleys. There were four Illian Javelin Throwers advancing, and she was building... another galley.:mad:

All of this really isn't that bad though. None have been wiped out, so they're still way above the Lord of the Balors allies:lol:. It just needs for our changes to be more permanent. Either more time between switches so you can fix their screwups AND advance a little, or some way to lock civics/religions/improvements/build orders.

How does the thing determine who you switch to anyway? I thought it was lowest or second lowest if you were already at the bottom, but then it switched me to our highest score. Is it just random?

It makes sense, considering when in the story this scenario takes place. But there should be some warning that you can't bring in Hyborem/Basium. So many evil civs, and the good ones willing to research what you tell them. It begs for an Infernal Pact beeline. Imagine my disappointment when the big guy didn't show.

I find that the AI seems to value Conquest way too much. It may make sense to switch to it in brief wars in a normal game, but sticking with it (or constantly returning to it) in the early expansion portion of a game where you will always be at war is idiotic.

I find that the AI seems to value Conquest way too much. It may make sense to switch to it in brief wars in a normal game, but sticking with it (or constantly returning to it) in the early expansion portion of a game where you will always be at war is idiotic.

Yeah I think you are right, Im going to check that out. One of the things I love about playtesting this scenario is it really helps highlight ai problems.

Ive checked this out. Its not becuase the ai loves the civ in general, but because it is locked in war so its going into full war mode (when its probably better just to expand for a little while first.

Ive been playing a lot of this scenario in the past few days and there are major changes in patch "s". Let me know what you guys think.

Falamar is still having major problems with his island. Playing Emperor, Normal Speed, turn 240. He has 27 land units. Thats counting city garrisons, worker guards, disciple units, etc. He also has

The Black Wind
A Caravel
Six Galleons
Three Pirates, and
NINE Queens of the Line.

He only has 3 cities, and keeps getting cities razed when he tries to settle on the eastern island without any troops guarding it. It's not like he's building his invasion force either, when I switched he was making a lighthouse, an infirmary, and his capital was just doing research.

Decius is doing better now that he doesn't love Conquest so much, but he still needs the player to get him started. He kept mass-producing Lightbringers until I switched to him, but once I got the training yards up and started making champions he kept the ball rolling after I left.

Bannor could probably do with having more enemies near them and less by the Hippus. If there's one strategy the computer understands, it's spamming champions until it runs out of enemies. My games have basically come down to grabbing Iron Working, Currency, and RoK, then trying to hold off the purple Illain and Auric with Rhoanna and mercenaries while Capria blankets the west in Iron Champions.:lol:

Some feedback (turn 200 so far): It is really necessary for the player to get each civ started before the AI can handle it reasonably well.

For me it was working rather well to set up Lanun as an coastal eco-powerhouse, and getting rohanna a decent stack of cover/flanking horsearchers+horseman to play with. Was not really sure how to handle Decius, and then stasis hit before I could do much. When I got him back, he was spamming priests without getting anywhere.
Bannor is doing well and is beginning to roll up the south west.

I was rather disappointed, when after researching FoL no disciple was appearing in any of my cities. Bug or feature ot team reaserch?

But overall a very nice scenario, its interesting to get an "inside" view on how the AI handles itself and to try to set it up so it can't screw up :crazyeye:.

In patch r at least, this scenario neither blocks nor increments Stir From Slumber; thus, the Illians can get a second Drifa the White Dragon (this one not held).

I recommend adding gc.getGame().incrementProjectCreatedCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROJECT_STIR_FROM_SLUMBER')) right under gc.getGame().incrementProjectCreatedCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROJECT_THE_WHITE_HAND'))

In patch r at least, this scenario neither blocks nor increments Stir From Slumber; thus, the Illians can get a second Drifa the White Dragon (this one not held).

I recommend adding gc.getGame().incrementProjectCreatedCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROJECT_STIR_FROM_SLUMBER')) right under gc.getGame().incrementProjectCreatedCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROJECT_THE_WHITE_HAND'))

Good point, will do.

I'm still a patch or two behind so you may have fixed it since then, but in my last game Volanna still started with a city in the middle of the Ocean and thus she never expanded. She was again eliminated when a boat attempted to sail into the city's tile, without any real combat.

Top Bottom