Mulcarn Reborn Feedback

Decius kicks in on Turn 5. Anyway, you just chose the civ which with you start, because you change civs every 40 turns and take over the weakest one.

I like the idea behind this scenario but it seems like the AI is way to hampered by being at war. The AI should expand some as long as there is room. Now everyone adopts conquest on small cities. Perhaps have two starting cities at larger size would help the AI. for example Calabim was stuck with one city at size 2 and using conquest.

The allied AIs seem to value economic techs very high. Perhaps it is because of different preferences of tech they want before iron working and now with three nation they want all techs before iron working.

Doviello does not seem to improve their land. Probably they turn their workers into soldiers.

Perhaps I will replay it at higher difficulty later.

i also met Amelchair here. Was a little surprised. Guess it has something to do with when I played splintered court.

In general this seems to be a very easy scenario.

Btw, Capria sat with two cities building wonders all game. She was constantly building at least one wonder.

Getting a weird bug here (replaying after a new computer). Every time I found a religion and convert to it, one of my AI teammates will also convert. It doesn't have this religion in any of it's cities when it does this.

I think that was a change by Fireaxis in BtS that made teams players consider how widespread religions are in their team's cities rather than only their own.

After not playing Fall from Heaven for a while, I returned to see if this scenario works now. I was happy to see that the AI stopped building warriors only. After ~160 turns I realized, that the enemy AI is not founding any cities. This completely breaks the scenario. Any chance that this will be fixed eventually?

I have done all scenarios except the black tower and barbarian assault and mulcarn reborn, but I cannot play this scenario. I use 0.41d as this is seemingly the last version before the IP-connection multiplayer getting its oos bug. Am I supposed to beat the black tower first, is this a known bug for this version or is something just going wrong?

Yes, I'm pretty sure you have to beat the Black tower before Mulcarn reborn; the scenario description should tell you though.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Played this scenario for a few hours yesterday. I ensured that each civ founded a religion and tried to keep them mostly flavour-correct (Empyrean for Malakim, Order for Bannor, Fellowship for Hippus... but choosing Runes for Lanun instead of Overlords, because OO feels a bit too evil for me even if it's appropriate for the Lanun; at least pirates like money, right?). The aim was to get a full slew of religious heroes for my alliance. However, the AI leaders just keep on changing religions, apparently at random. This is annoying in general, but when Decius switched from Empyrean *after* I'd had him build Chalid (who, naturally, then abandoned the Malakim), I just quit the scenario in a fit of pique. I had beelined for Religious Law (after first beelinging for Warhorses, anyway, to get Magnadine), and this just felt like a slap in the face. Do you think there's any way to fix this issue?

I think that was a change by Fireaxis in BtS that made teams players consider how widespread religions are in their team's cities rather than only their own.

This. This was really, really, f***ing annoying. I tell you that. I, as the above poster, teched out the appropriate religions for the different civs. Rhoanna just kept switching between The Order and The Fellowship seemingly at random. She had absolutely no discernible reason to switch away from the Fellowship. None of her cities had The Order in them and every time she switched away she was hit with crippling unhappiness. Well, when I got control of her, Magnadine was almost finished and I rebuilt Kythra and just stomped the opposition.

The other annoying thing was the civic switches all the time. Maybe there's a way to script the AI team-mates to stick to the civics you give hem?

By that I mean the mechanic that puts you in control of the weakest link of your team after 40 or so turns. Because that was the most fun for me in this rather enjoyable scenario.

Such fun to try to guide the AI to do as well as possible, I even managed to point them the way to succesful multi-city conquests.

So any hidden options to enable this? And instructions how to manage it..

I know it's been quite a while since the post I quoted, but since I recently played this scenario, I thought it would be fun to try the above mentioned mechanic also in other games out.

Does anyone know how to implement this? Is it difficult?

Top Bottom