Mulit-player Rhye's?

Mowque

Hypermodernist
Possable? any thought? Interest? outright disgust?:p

another thread-"Well, we would disable the chance to flip all together. No reason to have players jumping around mid-game. Plus, that makes it too gameable. "The Aztecs are about to spawn. I'm going to disband all my units, then jump to them. Then you can take all my territory!"

The other problem I think is an SDK issue. It is easy to work around, as long as people are patient and willing to wait before jumping in (Have one player start as Spain, then slowly have other players hop in as France, England, Germany, Arabia, etc.)." whitefire

can we overcome this?

It would either be impossible or very difficult and time consuming to make the mod multi-player compatible. You would have to do a good amount of recoding in python (and maybe C++) files to not get OOS errors.

Can someone disable the question to change civ? ( that i never use because it has some bugs... )

Let's first try disabling this and testing, if there is another problem... we discust here and try to change >_<

Gunner, The Plague is handcaped to have diferent effects in the Player.

I tried one, but editing a file, (I think the ini) to make it multiplayer. We started as egypt and India, and it would swap once ok, but then never went back to the first player. This was on a much older version but just saying in case it helps any.

What would be the side-effects of fixing these numbers?

This would be great if it could be done, but since I have no experience of programming, I have no idea if it could be done. Probably ridiculously hard.

the main problem is random numbers. There are die rolls everywhere, and they're not compatible with a multiplayer environment (they cause OOS)
IIRC you'd also need to replace all of the instances of gc.getActivePlayer().

okay, put this on the list of things that would be nice but are immpossable...

Mind numbingly frustrating = worth it.

Not that I can contribute in the slightest. :(

I'd love to play this multiplayer. It would be a great way to keep a game going if someone started losing, they could jump to another Civ. You'd just have to have a gentleman's agreement to not do anything stupid like disbanding all your units before a new civ spawned. Foiling rival civ's UHVs would add a new and interesting dimension to the gameplay. I don't see any downsides.

You choose to play as late starting civ and then when you finally get to play after waiting all those turns you get the message someone has won a UHV. :lol:

check the "RFC MP Test" thread if you want to play in multiplayer.

Top Bottom