[MULT] Pitboss Worldbuilding Challenge REBOOT: Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by dot80, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

A contest is fine with me. But still, winning the game or the contest isn't my primary objective. I just like to make an interesting history. :D

2. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't object to a story contest, but it's not really my focus of this project. Like with Heerlo, I'm more focusing on writing an interesting history. But I'd say let's give it a shot and see what happens - not sure how many people we have reading our story, but maybe it will spark some more interest (it's bizarre, though, that the Civ V Stories and Tales forum is so quiet, especially when compared to things like the AAR forums on Paradox Interactive)
    Thanks for figuring out what the issue is with the shrines; I'll disable the DLC and see if that helps.
    Also, hopefully MrCasperTom's computer issue can be resolved. Glad it's nothing too serious really, but it's undoubtedly annoying. If dot can play your turns using the host computer, that would be great until you can rejoin the actual game.

3. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to let you know that it looks like disabling all unnecessary DLC does let you build/buy shrines. Good news!

4. Silverman6083

Silverman6083 History-Lover

Cool. Also on the whole contest thing I'm personally against it, because it will pressure us to write potentially long, unnecessary, & forced stories just so we can "win". I mean I'll oblige if everone wants to do it, but I like the whole relaxed feel of this game, and enjoy reading calm well-developed stories. But whatever :)

5. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Any luck on subbing for MrCasperTom, dot? If not, I can try. Asking mostly because it looks like the Ottoman warrior has been offed by a Barb.

6. Heerlo

Nice update, sh3b.

:goodjob:

7. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Oh, I didn't see him say he was up for that so I never did. I can do that tomorrow if he is ok with it.

EDIT: Also, I don't think a story contest would degrade the quality of the stories. It wouldn't be about the person with the greatest quantity of writing, it would be whoever wrote the best quality stories.

8. Silverman6083

Silverman6083 History-Lover

Yeah sh3b that was a really good update. It was really emotional, and then I scrolled down and saw a bunch of horses being spanked :lol: Sorta killed the vibe, but it was good.

9. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Yeah, it's fine; mostly just checking because I don't want him to get dug into too big a hole while he's unable to log on. And sh3ba's story is quite good!

10. MrCasperTom

MrCasperTom Warlord

Yeah sorry my internet access is a bit limited without a regular laptop. Can't get on every day. Feel free to puppet me or whatever, I'm sure you won't screw me up or anything. I won't be able to issue orders or anything so just do what you think is best.

11. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Ok, so on the host computer I was able to kick MrCasperTom and hit 'switch' to his spot. Right now I'm not really sure what is going on. It as me listed with the players and the observer spot as open, however I am not able to move any of his units. I suppose at the very least the AI will take this turn for you. I'm going to see what happens when the turn switches over (like maybe upon the new turn I will officially switch into the Ottoman slot). We may have to reload the game at the start of this turn if I messed it up somehow.

12. MrCasperTom

MrCasperTom Warlord

Well good news is that they say my laptop should be repaired by 1st August so only a week from now. Here's hoping that all goes well.

13. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Awesome! Fingers crossed all goes well!

EDIT: So something went wrong with the game server when I tried to switch the host computer to a player. I guess the game never switched over turns last night and is 'paused.' I'm going to reload again tonight and hopefully everything will be fixed.

14. Heerlo

Yeah, I noticed the timer was "0" and the turn hadn't switched yet, so I didn't know what was going on. :crazyeye:

15. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Looks as though the Ottomans have successfully been swapped over to being played by an AI, so hopefully it will be possible to sub MrCasperTom back in once his computer is repaired (based on my experiences with "regular" multiplayer this should be doable; sure hope so, as I don't want to be stuck near an AI Suleiman for any longer than I have to...)

16. MrCasperTom

MrCasperTom Warlord

IT'S SO SHINY!

(My laptop's back).

17. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Good news! Now, we just have to figure out how to get you back in the game...

18. Heerlo

I can't get in the server. Is something wrong?

Btw, I'm still interested in this. Real life just hasn't been very sparing with time lately. :rolleyes:

19. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Just about to ask the same question about the server. Been unable to log on for about 3 days now.
    And I'm in much the same boat when it comes to being pressed for time. Should have another story up in a bit, but when precisely that is...

20. sh3baproject

sh3baproject Warlord

seems like no one can get in :(