[MULT] Pitboss Worldbuilding Challenge

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by sillsworth, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

I'd be okay with rerolling. But I'm okay either way.

2. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

I'm ok with rerolling. Feel free to do that.

3. sillsworth

sillsworth Warlord

From my testing, Civ V places each civilization on a correct area as it scans from top to bottom. So the first good position on the bottom of the map, the first player gets. Me. I'm not sure how this'll effect gameplay, but I'm still worried about Venice and Arabia. If we set this up (I have to re-place all ruins, city-state spawns, civ spawns which I'm doing now) and we get bad rolls, we might have to restart this thing again. It's a risk.

4. sillsworth

sillsworth Warlord

okay, based on my predictions and several runthroughs, this may turn out horribly for us. But maybe not actually. The game is up on GMR and I have invited all of you. Please join and be ready to play. Sh3b, Js, fuzzy, Dev, you guys are some of the last.

5. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

First of all, nice job on starting! This game is going to be awesome!

Secondly, have fun celebrating that super bowl, CPM. That was the most dominating performance I've ever seen a team play in a super bowl before.

6. Heerlo

Even though I don't watch football, I heard that the Hawks won. Congrats, "Majah of Seattle"!

7. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Yup. Now you're stuck with me being the Majah of Seattle for another week...

8. kobo1d

kobo1d Chieftain

Would a 24 hour turn timer be appropriate, or was I being too optimistic assuming this would end in the 2010's?

9. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

We hit some technical difficulties; for some reason Js_9001's turn seemed not to have submitted properly. We have to wait for him to take his turn again and then hope it submits properly.

10. Js_9001

Js_9001 Indefatigable

I thought it submitted, I'll try again.

11. Js_9001

Js_9001 Indefatigable

I opened it up and it wasn't my turn, it's cpm's turn right now.

12. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Yeah, you got skipped there, Js. If you settled in place, you should be fine; otherwise, I doubt the AI will have messed stuff up too much for you.
    Also, the problem was almost certainly on GMR's end, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about with your computer. Both Conk and I were able to submit our turns okay so with luck everything's functioning properly again.

13. fuzzy_dumpling

fuzzy_dumpling Chieftain

Hey guys,
    Sorry I'm taking so long to get my turn going, my computers been crap lately. I've been trying forums, nothing seems to be very helpful. Not saying this is going to happen, but if worst came to worst, is it possible for another user to be put into the game? I'd hate to hold you guys up with constant incompletion of my turn, and I'm really trying to make this work but I don't wanna be an ass, so...

14. Js_9001

Js_9001 Indefatigable

I just played my 2nd turn, and it turned out I didn't get skipped. My first turn counted, which is good since I moved my settler instead of settling in place.

15. Heerlo

Just wanted to let all of you know that where I live there is supposed to be a major snowstorm starting tonight, with possibly up to 6 or 7 inches. I may be out of power for several days, if not more. I'll turn my account on GMR on vacation mode if you want me to.

Edit: K, I set it to vacation mode, anyway.

16. Devutaren

Devutaren Chieftain

Stay safe. Hopefully you don't lose power for too long.

17. Heerlo

It hasn't gone off yet, but I'm still afraid to turn my account off vacation mode, 'cause then it might go off and leave you guys stuck with one player not playing their turn.

18. Teproc

Teproc King

Has this started ? Is there anywhere I have to go if I want to follow along ?

Sorry if this info is available somewhere, couldn't find it a first glance.

19. Heerlo

Yes, this has started, and if by "follow along" you mean following the story, some writing has been put in our social group. There will probably be more on the forum once we get started naming things and explaining origins. I plan on doing a history-book style thread once we get that far.

20. Teproc

Teproc King

Thanks ! That is what I mean yes :)

I asked for membership in the group since I need that to be able to see, hopefully that's not a problem (I don't have a clue how social groups work, if they have a cap on how many people can be in them or what have you).