1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi Bison for Old West!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-Figure Units' started by Wotan49, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Wotan49

Wotan49 amateur handicraftsman Supporter

2. bigdog5994

bigdog5994 Lady Day

wow thats really cool

3. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Yeah these are very cool!

4. Wotan49

5. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Oops. Apparently, Tom made a Water Buffalo instead of an American Bison (look >here< for the discussion).
    That is not so bad, as many mods set in Africa or Asia can use these; and, of course, that doesn't diminish the high quality of this multi-unit.

The good part is, if Tom makes an American Bison we can do this all over again!

6. Wotan49

7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:shifty:

... Only SOMEONE should have realized that "MFUNIT" can be misconstrued as an obscenity in American English ...

-:cool:z

8. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

9. Ozymandias

The thread is called, "[MFUNIT] Multi Bison for Old West!" :crazyeye:

10. Wotan49

Friends what is the difference? :beer:

Apologies I know nothing!

Wotan49
    :old:

11. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Kein Problem - Sorge du sich nicht, Wotan. We'll call it a typographic error.

Besides, to explain Ozzy's joke in German is beyond my language abilities. This might help:

12. KingArthur

KingArthur Searching for the Holy Grail

MF = Multi Figure Unit as per the forum's title. I believe MOFO-Unit is the correct term for well you know.. giant kick-ass robot units.

13. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

I see - so Wotan was right all along. Oz, look what you got me into! * Sorry, dude. * The problem isn't english-german translation. The trouble is American english-English translation, as I haven't heard the term "mofo" used since the late '80's. ...not that I'm any expert in current slang, or anything....

Hey, any American urban kids under 25 years old around to settle this?

14. Ozymandias

"We are tied down to a language which makes up in obscurity what it lacks in style." - Tom Stoppard. :yup:

-:Dz

15. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Moderator Action: And now back to discussion of the unit, please.

16. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

Sorry Wotan! I don't know my Bison from a hole in the ground. :) But hopefully I will be able to modify the Water Buffalo into a true Bison for the good ole west.

Re mofos: I think I'm too old to be a mofo.

Moderator Action: pdma removed
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

17. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Moderator Action: Apparently there is a need to be less polite when acting as a moderator. It's up to Wotan to decide if he wants the thread title changed. He explained the meaning of his shortening the name. Any further use of shorthand for or direct reference to the other meaning will be considered violations of the forum rules. Which include both evasion of the autocensor & ignoring moderator direction.

18. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Very wise, Blue.

I hope the American Bison can be made. It's a great idea. I've found some uses for the Water Buffalo herd. Turns out, it makes a very good third-world cattle herd (tradeable unit!).

19. Jerry'sGoldfish

Jerry'sGoldfish Emperor

my opinion would be that the water buffalo looks great, but the colour should be blacker and the attack i would say is too violent, maybe like trying to kill something larger than itself. i woul say since most beeings are smaller than a buffalo the animal would have rather an horizontal attack and the whole idea would be trampling and stabbing the target down and not to jump towards the centre of a wall. i hope you do not mind about my critics, but i live in a very terrible world were students are trampled down with critics, those that didnt realise the idea of a small corecture or hint will never get creativity in their minds. thank you and continue

20. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Glad to see you speak your mind, Jerry, but you are in the wrong thread. The Water Buffalo was first made by Tom2050. You can find it >here<. Tom was trying to make an American Bison but put a tail on it, so it became a Water Buffalo. The attack, then, is like the attack of a Bison, not a Water Buffalo.

My friend Wotan made this very good Multi-unit at my request, but he is not responsible for the confusion surrounding the unit animations.