Multi-Civ Leaders: Possible?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by governorchad, Oct 7, 2011.

1. governorchad

governorchad Chieftain

I want several of the new leaders I am considering for my mod to be available to more than one civilization. Timur Lenk could easily be considered a Turkish or a Mongol leader, and Ptolemy Soter really ought to play as both a Greek general and an Egyptian pharaoh if his descendant Cleopatra is included (and she will be:)).

Can I allow two civs to share a leader WITHOUT allowing both of them to use him in the same session? I Certainly wouldn't want to have Germany's Barbarossa waging war against the Holy Roman's Barbarossa!

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Super Moderator Supporter

Not sure if that can happen :dunno:, you'd have to test it.

If it does, then a script could be attached to the game start to manually prevent it.

3. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

I guess if they have same civcolor they wouldnt be on the same map.
    but then it wouldnt only be the leaders but also the civs that wouldnt show up on the same time.

4. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

never mind

5. Ringan

Ringan Varangian

Yes, that has been done successfully in Fall From Heaven 2, with the leader Decius.

I believe the game will not randomly choose to duplicate a leader EVER unless it's already selected every other leader.

6. Voyhkah

Voyhkah Political Activist

I've seen it done in a mod, I forget which.

7. King Awesome

King Awesome Chieftain

I believe it's been done in the Legends of Revolution mod. Constantine was leader of both Rome and Byzantium, and yet only one of him could appear on the map at a time. You may wish to inquire about it in their personal forum, or perhaps attempt to ask the author, phungus420.