Multi-Mech Infantry/Infantry

The Great Apple

Big Cheese
Multi-Mech Infantry/ Modern Infantry

Updated: 7/9/03 (7th Sept)

I have added four of Baulou's Modern Infantry to Krytens Mech Infantry unit. Latest updated fixed some centring issues, and some animation glitches.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Mech Inf_-_Modern_Inf.zip

Thanks to pdescobar for fixing the fortify, and victory animations!

EDIT: Broken link

Neat. Not having animated any units, I don't know if it's possible, but what would be real interesting is if they "popped out" of the mechs just prior to the attack and perhaps jumped back in for fortify or at the end. Perhaps one can imagine such a thing by simply leaving the default and fortify as kryten's version and only having the standing infantry on the attacks and death. Anyhow, I like the look of the preview :goodjob:

p.s. This should probably be in the main C&C forum until you decide if it's complete.

Originally posted by pdescobar
Neat. Not having animated any units, I don't know if it's possible, but what would be real interesting is if they "popped out" of the mechs just prior to the attack and perhaps jumped back in for fortify or at the end.

Hmmm, well the fortify animation happens just before the attack animation (if the unit is not already fortified) so I could have them climbing out, and prepping their guns for fortify, I'll experiment.

EDIT: I've had an experiment - there is no way to easilly make the men appear like they're climbing out from all angles

p.s. This should probably be in the main C&C forum until you decide if it's complete.

Yeah, spose so... ok, I'll complete it :)

Thanks for the feedback

That looks awsome.

I'll refrain from yelling at you, for now...

I don't suppose you could redo this with Balou's Modern Infantry in place of the Firaxis one, which is more WWI?

why is one of the Modern Infantry dying?

Originally posted by Bobisback
why is one of the Modern Infantry dying?

Glad you asked :). My cunning plan was to have this guy die in attackA, and leave his corpse on the floor for death/victory. As I'm not doing fortify, I don't think it'll look too dodgy (a man would suddenly appear after an attack when a unit was fortified)

Edit: Looking back at this, I don't think it's such a good idea graphically, so I'll redo that animation (the colours look stupid anyway)

Dawned... !
This game is becoming a real war movie !

Very VERY nice !

Yes, I agree. :goodjob:

Brilliant idea Great Apple!.....if troops can run out of the frame when routing, then why not have them run into the frame whan attacking.
(Wish I had thought of it! :lol: )

More please. :)

Oh....just one small thing....
....there is that old FLICster problem with the west direction.

Anything that touches the right-hand frame edge ends up being copied into the following frames, causing 'ghost' images.

The best way to cure this is to always leave a 2 or 3 pixel gap between your animation and the right-hand frame edge (the infantry running on-screen from the right in this case).

Resizing the whole flc width by about 6 pixels will keep the figures from touching the right-hand edge, but I'm afraid that each 'ghost' image will have to be removed by hand.

Thanks for the FLICster tip ;) tis fixed now (but it's not letting me upload :()

At the moment I'm having a little bit of problem getting these animations to work properly in the game. For instance, when the units moves into attack the run animation plays, moving the unit forward, but when attacking from some directions, it jumps back, before the attack.flc plays. I was also under the impression that the fortify.flc would play first, and then the attack.flc, after the run.

My other problem is with the fortify.flc. It doesn't seem to play when I fortify my unit, just the units appear :confused:. In fact I have yet to see my men running into position :(

Apart from these farely major glitches it's all going fine :p, and I'm starting work on the death.flc

Get the Modern Infantry to come out of the back of the APC, that would be cool.;)

btw nice work.:goodjob:

Ok people, I think this is finally finished :beer:[dance]:band:[party][dance]:band::beer:

I'm still open to advice about how to fix the glitches in the game though, so I may not have finished...

I like this! This is something I suggested in Kryten's thread, but he seemed to want to not resize things and stick to orriginal units (thus using user made MI and resized fighters to show elavation):lol:

Originally posted by The Great Apple
Fortify - I'm having big troubles having the fortify and the victory animations working in the game - help would be appreciated

EDIT: It seems to be that both the fortify, and victory animations play, just too quick to be easily visable!

Take a look at this screen capture from Flicster. The file on the left is the Fortify FLC direct from your zipfile. The file on the right is that FLC exported to a storyboard and then immediately exported back to a FLC (with a slightly different name). When I tested these in-game, the infantry guys basicly teleport on-screen with the original file, but with the double export, I saw the guys run up like they are supposed to. I don't know what caused this speed problem, but this method fixed it for me.

Attachments

• multimechinf.jpg
    multimechinf.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3,072
Yeah, I see what you mean with the speed, but for some reason the same fix doesn't work for me :( - the animation time remains the same. You don't think you could perhaps add your version to a zip, and I'll change the upload link? BTW - I think the victory.flc has the same problem, but not so drastic (416, instead of 1245), so you couldn't try applying your fix on that too.

Top Bottom