1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi Player bugs and crashes - After the 20th of February 2018

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

Please report all multi-player bugs and crashes from the 20th of February 2018 (release v38 = SVN Revision ????)

When posting a an OOS, a bug or a crash please include
    The version of C2C you are using;

The logs from all computers (especially the OOS log in the BtS exe folder and the random log in the normal Civ Logs folder).

Important changes that you need to make for multiplayer games

In Assets\XML\A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml, the following tags should be adjusted to show as:
    Code:
        <Define>
            <DefineName>USE_MULTIPLE_THREADS_SPAWNING</DefineName>
            <bDefineBoolVal>0</bDefineBoolVal>
        </Define>
        <Define>
            <DefineName>USE_MULTIPLE_THREADS_PROPERTY_SOLVER</DefineName>
            <bDefineBoolVal>0</bDefineBoolVal>
        </Define>
    and
    Code:
        <Define>
            <DefineName>NUM_CITY_PIPELINE_THREADS</DefineName>
            <iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
        </Define>

To run an MP game without many OOS errors. Multithreading causes problems for MP play. However, Alberts2 was saying a while back he was doing something to get the game to automatically switch multi-threading off in an MP environment - some of these may be safe to leave at default. But I recently discovered that the property solver one is still an issue if its on.

I've also solved a combat based OOS and will be committing that solution shortly.

I've found one that has to do with what I think is an event that awards somewhere around 2k gold potentially. Something about how the event played out caused an OOS but its very rare.

The matter discussed above about the wonder building has to do with trying to build the same wonder as your team mate so if you communicate what wonders are being built you can avoid that problem.

The naming issue is in all OOS reports and appears to be a safe local difference on both systems.​

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Best current advice to running an MP game without too many OOS errors is to turn OFF events.

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm reporting one bug here because it's an OOS that's caused by a python error. I can't quite recall how to turn on the python logging so y'all can take a look at it but the main clue here is that it's a naval battle that causes it, usually with an animal. I think it has something to do with the ship capture mod but I can't be too sure.

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

So it has been awhile since you read the first post in the Single Player threads where it tells you exactly how to turn logging on. I think you can also do it from the BUG screen in game. I suspect that in multi player everyone will need to have logging on.

5. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Maybe I've already fixed it in my python modmod, I remember making noticeable changes to the "ship capture" python code. I don't remember if the netmessage functionality was used, or introduced by me, for that particular code, but I can look further into that OOS suspect anyhow.

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog