1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

multi player has taken a dump

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Macintosh' started by lateralis, Jul 23, 2006.

1. lateralis

lateralis Chieftain

anyone successfully playing civ 4 multi-player on the mac? I had it work one night a week or so back and everything was golden, now civ 4 crashes everytime I try to do anything in multiplayer.

first attempt - loading the game from a few weeks back - other player connects fine, settings screen fine, launch game - CRASH

second attempt - maybe it's the beta patch, reload the original .app off the DVD - CRASH

third and fourth attempts, let's see if we can start a new direct IP game (try once with beta patch, once with original app -CRASHx2

fifth attempt - let me try and set up a PBEM game. setup screen fine, launch game - CRASH

anyone have any ideas?

2. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

3. Brad Oliver

Brad Oliver Civ3/4 Mac programmer

Yeah, e-mail me a crash log - brad AT aspyr DOT com. I've been able to play multplayer games just fine.

4. lateralis

lateralis Chieftain

how do I find the crash logs?

5. 5150

5150 Chieftain

I've sent you one, Brad.

lateralis, you can find them in ~/users/[user]/library/logs/CrashReporter or just search for Civilization IV.crash.log

6. Skippy_Kangaroo

Skippy_Kangaroo Prince of Denmark

Alternatively, running the Console program in your utilities folder will allow you to browse through the log files you have. One of the subheadings will be CrashReporter, under which you should find the relevant Civ IV logs.

7. Brad Oliver

Brad Oliver Civ3/4 Mac programmer

Haven't received it yet - hopefully just a glitch in the net. You can alternatively send it via PM on this forum or to my personal address, bradman AT pobox DOT com.

8. lateralis

lateralis Chieftain

ok, I just sent you my crash log this morning.

hope it helps!

9. rrrrrr

rrrrrr Chieftain

yep, I've played several successful multiplayer games on the MAC. I do have the Beta patch loaded though.

10. von Tirpitz

von Tirpitz Chieftain

Tried Multiplayer for the first time yesterday and everything worked fine until the "Black Death" spread among my cities and units :cry: ;)

11. 5150

5150 Chieftain

Which kind of multiplayer? PBEM is the only kind that I have time for, and it just dies. Major bummer, as I've been looking forward to playing with a Windows friend for quite a while.

Brad, was PBEM actually tested?

12. ancestral

ancestral Chieftain

The standard multi works fine for me with my PC friend. No crashes or anything, and that all being hosted on a G4.