multi player has taken a dump

lateralis

Warlord
anyone successfully playing civ 4 multi-player on the mac? I had it work one night a week or so back and everything was golden, now civ 4 crashes everytime I try to do anything in multiplayer.

first attempt - loading the game from a few weeks back - other player connects fine, settings screen fine, launch game - CRASH

second attempt - maybe it's the beta patch, reload the original .app off the DVD - CRASH

third and fourth attempts, let's see if we can start a new direct IP game (try once with beta patch, once with original app -CRASHx2

fifth attempt - let me try and set up a PBEM game. setup screen fine, launch game - CRASH

anyone have any ideas?

how do I find the crash logs?

I've sent you one, Brad.

lateralis, you can find them in ~/users/[user]/library/logs/CrashReporter or just search for Civilization IV.crash.log

lateralis said:
how do I find the crash logs?
Alternatively, running the Console program in your utilities folder will allow you to browse through the log files you have. One of the subheadings will be CrashReporter, under which you should find the relevant Civ IV logs.

5150 said:
I've sent you one, Brad.

Haven't received it yet - hopefully just a glitch in the net. You can alternatively send it via PM on this forum or to my personal address, bradman AT pobox DOT com.

ok, I just sent you my crash log this morning.

hope it helps!

yep, I've played several successful multiplayer games on the MAC. I do have the Beta patch loaded though.

lateralis said:
anyone successfully playing civ 4 multi-player on the mac?

Tried Multiplayer for the first time yesterday and everything worked fine until the "Black Death" spread among my cities and units :cry: ;)

Which kind of multiplayer? PBEM is the only kind that I have time for, and it just dies. Major bummer, as I've been looking forward to playing with a Windows friend for quite a while.

Brad, was PBEM actually tested?

The standard multi works fine for me with my PC friend. No crashes or anything, and that all being hosted on a G4.

Top Bottom