1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-Unit Ancient/Middle Age Workers

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-Figure Units' started by Rabid Pop Tart, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Rabid Pop Tart

Rabid Pop Tart Aspiring Graphic Designer

Ancient/Middle Age Worker Multi-Units

To install:
    1) Backup your original files, in case these don't work well or *gasp* you don't like my work.
    2) Find the directory that holds the files for this worker. Generally, it will be at C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\units\Worker, unless you installed in a different directory. But look in the Units forlder until you find Worker.
    3) Extract your zip files to that directory. If asked to overwrite previous files, say yes to all. You don't need to worry about tweaking the INI file.
    4) Enjoy!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - With the workers planting, there are some gray lines. I don't know how to work this out because I have no experience in unit graphics. It's not too bad, but if you're a perfectionist then you probably will notice it.
    - With the worker death, the running units freeze towards the edge of the animation. I don't know how to correct this either yet, but it's not a huge issue since only barbarians can kill workers and that doesn't happen very often. (Only if you don't protect your workers, but then it's your own darned fault! :p )

Cheers!

Download here!
    http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Ancient_Workers.zip (2.3 MB)

2. Rabid Pop Tart

Industrial/Modern Munit Workers.

As you can see, I've refined my skills a little.

Download Here!
    http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Modern_Workers.zip (2.4 MB)

Known issues:
    - That crummy death animation. :mad: Well you shouldn't have a problem with your workers dying by the industrial times, unless you stack 15 of them next to a Barb camp in the nuclear wastes of former Persia to test it :D

Installation is same as the Ancient workers, except it's in a different folder: "WORKER MODERN TIMES"

3. DiamondzAndGunz

DiamondzAndGunz Lurking

Could you post some screenshots?

4. Rabid Pop Tart

sure, it's in the first post now!

or will be, if it cooperates.

sorry i couldn't get animated previews, i really don't have the time, but now there's an air of mystique. *Download it to see what it really looks like in action* ;)

5. Your Mom

Your Mom Chieftain

Wow!! I'm impressed! I thought the workers would just be 6 in 2 rows of 3 like most of the other units, but making different formations for different worker actions was a great idea!! They look awesome too!!:D GREAT WORK!!!

6. DiamondzAndGunz

DiamondzAndGunz Lurking

Hey! They look great! Yeah, all the different formations you put them in look awesome! I can't wait to try them out in-game, and see if they really do work as great as they look. :goodjob:

7. MTheil3508

MTheil3508 Chieftain

WOW!!!

I like it a lot. I am downloading it now (probably finished by the time you are reading this) and I can't wait to install it and see them in action.

8. Kryten

Kryten Smeee heeeeed

Very, very nice Rabid Pop Tart. :goodjob:

I do hope we will be seeing lot's more. ;)

9. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

10. computerdude113

computerdude113 Chieftain

Very nice, but can you re-do the few animations that you used the grey pallette background in so they work in the game (if they do and I'm making an ass of myslef, disregard this)

11. Rabid Pop Tart

All FLCs have been game tested and work just fine.

12. computerdude113

computerdude113 Chieftain

O, ok, my bad, just didn't know if those would.

I like it a lot!

13. Gral'Tok

Gral'Tok Chieftain

14. Rabid Pop Tart

thanks, Gral'Tok...I fixed it in the main post.

15. redhat

redhat Chieftain

Fantastic, nothing else to describe.
    6 pairs of hands always better than a pair.

16. thestonesfan

thestonesfan A Client of Ron Kuby

Ah! Run! The workers are coming!!

17. Jurimax

Jurimax Duke of Flanders

They look marvellous, can't wait to use them in my game, the only thing to wait for now is when Kryten will have finished the Industrial and Modern units. No need to hurry Kryten, it's always better to be late than sorry.

BTW, hasn't anyone tried to come up with a multi-unit for a Settler? Perhaps a couple would do fine, as I said in another post, I really can't imagine a city growing with just one man ;-)
    I know, CivIII isn't all about realism, but it would make things look more realistic.

Anyway, Pop Tart, keep up the good work, :goodjob: :goodjob:

Greetings Jurimax

18. Rabid Pop Tart

Look in the current projects list...I added the settler. I dunno how I'm gonna do it, but it will get done. :) If you or anybody else have suggestions, post here or PM me.

19. Mephansteras

Mephansteras Chieftain

Someone (Kryten maybe) posted a picture of a settler leading a horse with baggage on it. That's a lot of work, I know, but if you could do that it would be awesome! Maybe one guy with a horse and another two people with him. (Hmm...resize a worker down a bit in size and you'd have a kid...)

20. Jurimax

Jurimax Duke of Flanders

Good thinking Meph, but how would the build city animation be? Now the Settler plants his stick in the ground... Would the cart and kids just vanish so the Settler would have a normal build animation? I wouldn't mind, but I do think that it would be a great challenge to create such a Settler unit.
    Another possible solution could be to put 2 Settlers in one MF unit and give one of them a dress or something, to represent a female.
    Greets, JM