Multimaps?

raxo2222

Time Traveller
How is progress on Multimaps? I noticed, that plots have types, like Earth, Mars (worldbuilder and custom scenarios) and more.

BTW I noticed, that this mod loads much faster and takes much less memory on launch, comparing to when I played V34 or so last time couple years ago.
Also now I have 8 GB of ram - now 32bit apps doesn't have to fight over resources with windows 7 (64 bit)

Last edited:
No idea if you know this one, but there is something called "parallel maps": :mischief: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/parallel-maps.458248/
Only beta was released though and its developer is long gone...
But maybe this is good enough ground to start build from.
Old nesw raxxo.
If you look at page 4 you will see 2 former C2C modders discussing the Maps, Koshling and ls612. Koshling is the one who built viewports and graphical paging and was working on Multi-maps before he stopped modding.

Old nesw raxxo.
If you look at page 4 you will see 2 former C2C modders discussing the Maps, Koshling and ls612. Koshling is the one who built viewports and graphical paging and was working on Multi-maps before he stopped modding.
Oh well :p

Once this feature implemented what wonders we will be able to see? For example legit Gigantic Earth Map, that doesn't crash due to memory limits. because it was divided in 9 smaller sectors?

Ibet there will be several maps: Earth, Moon, Solar System, Galaxy, Universe and Multiverse.

For example legit Gigantic Earth Map, that doesn't crash due to memory limits. because it was divided in 9 smaller sectors?
Already possible, and available in BUG option menu under viewports; the size of the sectors is adjustable there too.
Ibet there will be several maps: Earth, Moon, Solar System, Galaxy, Universe and Multiverse.
Yes, and it will allow different map sizes for the maps. It's different from viewports because there will be no tiles on one map that is adjacent to a tile on another map.
This is far away in C2C development even when being optimistic, I wouldn't really bet on multimaps ever being playable.

Already possible, and available in BUG option menu under viewports; the size of the sectors is adjustable there too.
Yes, and it will allow different map sizes for the maps. It's different from viewports because there will be no tiles on one map that is adjacent to a tile on another map.
This is far away in C2C development even when being optimistic, I wouldn't really bet on multimaps ever being playable.
Well then we can always use large viewports and very long maps to fit Universe.
For example 400x100 map (possible to make in smartmap script) and 100x100 viewports, where actual Earth has 200x100 tiles :mischief:

Or 512x60 universe map and 120x60 Earth map in it :p
If we somehow prevented barbarian/animal spawning outside Earth tiles (or check once tiles and ignore them if they are non-Earth) and property flow into different type tiles (so for example properties cant leak out of Earth into Orbit) it would actually speed up turns.

Also animal spawning and latitude requirements should be adjusted somehow...

Last edited:
Well then we can always use large viewports and very long maps to fit Universe.
For example 400x100 map (possible to make in smartmap script) and 100x100 viewports, where actual Earth has 200x100 tiles :mischief:
Or 512x60 universe map and 120x60 Earth map in it :p
Sure, but even with viewports, maps larger than gigantic would most definitely get MAF CTD's due to memory shortage.
Gigantic map size might even have troubles when using small 40x20 viewport.
If we somehow prevented barbarian/animal spawning outside Earth tiles (or check once tiles and ignore them if they are non-Earth) and property flow into different type tiles (so for example properties cant leak out of Earth into Orbit) it would actually speed up turns.
Should be easy enough to fix.
Also animal spawning and latitude requirements should be adjusted somehow...
This is one of the tricky bits.

Tricky bits... yeah there's a lot of them.

I'm optimistic we'll have MM eventually. I'm more worried about correcting design issues we face more obviously in the present though. AKA, getting to the point we can finish some things started long ago. This is one of them but one of the most difficult so is not one on the top of the list no matter how badly everyone wants it.

Tricky bits... yeah there's a lot of them.

I'm optimistic we'll have MM eventually. I'm more worried about correcting design issues we face more obviously in the present though. AKA, getting to the point we can finish some things started long ago. This is one of them but one of the most difficult so is not one on the top of the list no matter how badly everyone wants it.
How do you envision much later versions of this mod like v40 or even v50? :mischief:

At this point thats far too open ended a question. I certainly would like to think we'd have multimaps, more fleshed out unit lines, the next five or so planned combat mods that mostly just need xml fleshing out to complete, depth interactions, underwater cities, a fully fuctional nomadic system, volumetric resources, equipment, chemical and biological weaponry systems, elemental damage mechanisms and more!

At this point thats far too open ended a question. I certainly would like to think we'd have multimaps, more fleshed out unit lines, the next five or so planned combat mods that mostly just need xml fleshing out to complete, depth interactions, underwater cities, a fully fuctional nomadic system, volumetric resources, equipment, chemical and biological weaponry systems, elemental damage mechanisms and more!
Do you guys plan to add more techs and eras until lets say there is 15 eras and 1500 techs? :mischief:
Or current tech tree is close to final form?

By the way what does commerce/production/food represent in Galactic and later eras?
Robots/ghosts/angels (Galactic era+ creations) doesn't need food ;^) *looks at peppers space mod*
Past Transhuman era this stuff gets... abstract.
Nanotech is like hardest SF.
Transhuman - softer SF.
Galactic - universe like Star Trek/Star Wars
Cosmic - Is this fantasy?
Transcedental - What do you mean by "physics"?
three things are certian in last era: magic, information and energy.

I guess when there is nothing more to flesh out you will move into creating game based on your mod and name it "Apes2Angels"

Last edited:
Do you guys plan to add more techs and eras until lets say there is 15 eras and 1500 techs? :mischief:
Or current tech tree is close to final form?
I see more techs to flesh out game needs and further vision of what the future may entail. But I would like to think we just experienced the absolutely final adjustment to number of eras and tech columns.
By the way what does commerce/production/food represent in Galactic and later eras?
Robots/ghosts/angels (Galactic era+ creations) doesn't need food ;^) *looks at peppers space mod*
Past Transhuman era this stuff gets... abstract.
Nanotech is like hardest SF.
Transhuman - softer SF.
Galactic - universe like Star Trek/Star Wars
Cosmic - Is this fantasy?
Transcedental - What do you mean by "physics"?
three things are certian in last era: magic, information and energy.
Much of what Pepper has just added to the mod will require a lot of thought and additional modding to blend into the whole fabric of the C2C core. It's too early to be pressing on these questions because the main focus still needs to be on resolving issues much earlier in the game.

However, as far as units go, within the next few versions I expect that some additional vision will form around the new skeletal structure of deep future that has been added this version. The naval review was as far as the future has been considered on my end so far but I've taken a close look at the new tech tree and see some neat ways we could work some things out. But there are some fundamental challenges that need to be considered before we get too affixed to some of these far future matters.

I guess when there is nothing more to flesh out you will move into creating game based on your mod and name it "Apes2Angels"
Probably not. Already I'm looking at a horizon where other games may become the focus. There are some things I'd love to do to recreate a game LIKE this from the ground up and there are other games I'd like to bring to the world and some team efforts I and others here may wish to involve ourselves in. Modding is giving most of us a great platform to get started in this industry but it cannot become the end all either.

Probably not. Already I'm looking at a horizon where other games may become the focus. There are some things I'd love to do to recreate a game LIKE this from the ground up and there are other games I'd like to bring to the world and some team efforts I and others here may wish to involve ourselves in. Modding is giving most of us a great platform to get started in this industry but it cannot become the end all either.
Indeed, you are not the only one with such thoughts.
I wonder if Koshlings A4X game engine is still a live project, would be interesting to work on a game from the ground up.

Top Bottom