Multiplayer Across Operating systems

kerinska

Chieftain
K so heres the skinny. I have three PCs. 2 running Xp, 1 Running Vista. I have all PCs Connected to the same network. The 2 running Xp See each other fine but the one running Vista does not see the Xp Comps nor is it seen by them. I have tried all methods. If i make a game on an XP Comp the other xp can see it. but the vista can not. And like wise the Xp Comps can not see the Vista's games. :sad:

What i would like to know is if it is possible to LAN across OSs and there is something i don't know about. Or if it is just not possible.

Thanks Galls and Guys. :please:

It should be possible, provided the three computers all agree that they are on the same network. If you share a folder on each of the computers then each of the other computers should be able to see and access files in that folder. If you cannot do this, then the network is not set up properly.

I've run into this issue before when I was working at an old job a few years back.

We had two new comps with Vista which couldn't see any of the other comps with XP, even though the network was set up perfectly...all for one thing actually.

The default WORKGROUP for XP and Vista are different. I believe one has a default of WORKGROUP, while the other has a default of MSHOME. Changing one of these to match the other i.e. changing them all to MSHOME allowed all of the computers to see each other and share files.

Check your workgroups....if that doesn't help, it is simply over my head. :(

Ya unfortunately. Thoes are set the same as well. its required for file sharing. :sad:
What a bother

Top Bottom