1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] [Multiplayer] Am I the only one being constantly dropped from staging rooms?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by Duamutef_MC, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Duamutef_MC

Duamutef_MC Chieftain

Hi all!

I know this might not be the right forum, but the dedicated one seems rather inactive.

I've been trying to join several multiplayer games recently. What happens is that after a few seconds all players become 'Computer' players and I become the host. My ping is ~20ms, and I've already verified the integrity of game files on Steam, and deleted the relevant 'My Documents' folder to reset settings...

Still nothing! Does anybody have the same issue? Is it depending on the recent multiplatform switch?

Please let me know soon... I kind of miss the multiplayer experience...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  2. Tabarnak

Tabarnak R.I.P.

There is nothing you can do to entire solve this problem. This happens to everyone, though you seem to be a lot more affected than me.

But usually if it happens it's because the host hasn't a good rending machine coupled to a very good internet. Ping is related to host. If you have a red dot next to your name it's not a good sign. Yellow is ok but green is better.

So search for known and stable hosts or search for games where you can have a good ping.

Worse, this can happen in game too. If you don't have a way to comeback then it's gg.

You can also join the CPL group to help around that.

3. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Moved to Civ 6 - Multiplayer forum

4. Duamutef_MC

Duamutef_MC Chieftain

Everybody has a green dotted + sign close to their name, so I assume the ping is good. But there seems to be some sort of timeout condition being triggered. I haven't been able to join a single multiplayer game until now.

Is there a way to look for dedicated game servers elsewhere?

5. Swissy

Swissy Warlord

A new glitch seems to have been introduced in a recent Steam update. This glitch causes the timeouts that then disconnects you from the lobby. It also will put you in an endless "connecting to players' loop when you try and connect to a lobby and have three unsuccessful attempts to connect to a player already in the lobby. I have a good set up to play online Civ; Ryzen 6 core CPU, 16gb memory and a 500 Mbps connection. But, in the past few days connecting to games has been a struggle of canceling and trying again 5 or 6 times to connect to hosts I previously practically instant connected to.
    There are no private servers for Civ 6 online. Everything goes through Steam matchmaking servers.

6. Duamutef_MC

Duamutef_MC Chieftain

Well, at least I know it is not my setup's fault, especially considering all other multiplayer titles work well. Here's hoping they fix this by the next patch...

7. Tabarnak

Tabarnak R.I.P.

Sometimes it's green but it indicates 0ms. I still don't know why.