Multiplayer Autosaves Question

kearndog

Chieftain
I am playing multiplayer with a friend against a bunch of AI. We are having an issue where turns take a long time to load because the game is autosaving on every turn.

I cannot find any way to fix this, and the one thread that I found where this was mentioned was over 5 years old. In many cases it is taking the game longer to autosave than it is to actually process moves for the AI. I am aware of the interface options screen where it says you can change the frequency of autosaves and the max number of autosaves that are kept. However, these settings only govern single player games.

Is there a file I can edit or a mod that I am unaware of to disable multiplayer autosaves or atleast change the frequency so that it isn't bogging my game down.

You can replicate the problem yourself by playing with a friend in multiplayer for a bit and checking your autosaves when you go to load a multiplayer autosaved game.

Computer hardware is not the issue for long load times (both of us have extremely new rigs with skylake processors and powerful GPUs), and you can see when the game starts computing moves for the AI by looking at the flashing icons at the bottom of the screen. My issue is the wait before the AI's moves are computed is absurdly long. Like all of the icons are grey as the game is spending 30 seconds autosaving every turn. I know this is the case because this doesn't happen in singleplayer. I also seriously doubt that I'm waiting for information to pass between players. I am almost certain that the constant autosaving is costing me hours and hours on every single multiplayer game.

Here is the necro thread about this issue http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=401769

Top Bottom