Multiplayer Democracy Game

TheDuckOfFlanders

the fish collecter
To counter the current information involving the proposed civIII democracy game ,im bringing in the suggestion of a multiplayer democracy game.Wich should be a very interresting experience ,especialy to the role playing part and the war ,diplomatic and trade side of the game.

Although i am not currently stating that playing the democracy game should be played only in civII ,as it is possible that civIII may get multiplayer support later.

Nore am i stating the the whole orginizational part of a multiplayer democracy game would be easy ,considering the amount of player's it would need.
as first suggestion i would state that i would prefer a multiplayer democracy game in scenario form.Scenario's that are very interresting for role playing.For example an axis-allies scenario setting world 2 where we can play a bunch of commies/English or erm. nazi's. (well i'll play commie)

Diplomacy in general would have to be very refined and systimized.And it would need a cut down in amount of player's needed on both side's.

well ,prior to playing a good multiplayer democracy game we maybe need to play a first test game.
(and i think that our test game was and till is needed ,although we have a fine gouverment with an enlichtend rulership at this point)

And prior of holding a test game ,we should engage in discussion's on how to organize a first test game ,hence theis thread.:D

How do you play an MP game using our present democratic format? :confused: I would think that in MP, different participant will assume command of a different civ.

Or are we gonna divide into groups to play separate civs?

I like this idea!

We could have the forum set up like it is now, players choose sides, and they are only allowed to post in their side's forum, although one side could view the other's plans, damn. I know, that at least in older vbulletin versions, password-only-access forums aren't available...

Originally posted by TheDuckOfFlanders
Scenario's that are very interresting for role playing.For example an axis-allies scenario setting world 2 where we can play a bunch of commies/English or erm. nazi's.

I don't know whether to play as Commies or Nazis :(

If you don't get this joke, read my title

Nice idea Ducky but I think there are enough problems to get enough people playing in this democracy game let alone to have MP democracy game: you will need to have (at least) twice the amount of people playing.:eek:
Last time I was at Apolyton they were setting up democracy game too, maybe we could play against them.:enlighten

Last time I was at Apolyton they were setting up democracy game too, maybe we could play against them.

Yes ,they gave gotten some input by good cfc people that wanted to export the product. ;)

Why not just play an axis/allies scenario against them later?
Afcourse a big problem would be forum orginization ,but such problems have been overcome in the past before.

I was just there, and it looks like they arent near as orginized as we are.

They are only at a startup fase now ,let's see how it evolve's out there o the long run.The more complex the game become's it become's also more fun and interresting.

Apolyton is able to watch our game, and learn from our mistakes. They can also take a completed constutition and rules and start from there. We didn't have that luxury. So no matter how well they do.....they will always be the SECOND site to try it, and we will always have the honor of being the FIRST!

United Fanatica Forever!!!

On the multiplayer note......

It wouldn't work too well because we could look at each others forums....that would mean we would know excatly what would happen. So you see why I doubt this would work.
We would say lets attack "apolycentral" (The capital) They would read it.....and then beef up defence and we would fail! I'm sure you get my point.

The way I think that a future MP democracy game could work would be thus:
A responsible person from both CFC and 'poly (maybe Corn here :lol:) would have to start a new forum like the one Spycatcher's got, but only give the link to people who PM'd them wanting to be on their side. The discussions could then take place behind closed (virtual) doors and the turns played out every so often. It would of course be important that the two different forums remained secret from the other team, and if a member tried to register to both sides then any advice they gave would have to be discounted and they would be banned.
Only after the game would the secret forum address be put onto the CFC and 'poly boards and then members of the other team could read their opponents' strategies and arguments and work out why they won/lost. Sounds difficult to implement, but bear this in mind for a future MP.....

One thing to consider is whether they can sustain tha game long enough to finish. We don't know how much stamina these 'polies have and if they are anything like Adamsj then ..........;)

Here's an idea:

We set up the forum's to be secure, I don't know how, so that we can't spy on each other, but some trustworthy person can provide either side with information, but uses the cheat menu to subtract money from the team that did the "espionage."

Originally posted by skywalker
Here's an idea:

We set up the forum's to be secure, I don't know how, so that we can't spy on each other, but some trustworthy person can provide either side with information, but uses the cheat menu to subtract money from the team that did the "espionage."

How about this: TF mkes this forum only viewable by Democracy Game members, and monitors requests to join (somehow) Can that be done?

Originally posted by CornMaster
Apolyton is able to watch our game, and learn from our mistakes. They can also take a completed constutition and rules and start from there. We didn't have that luxury. So no matter how well they do.....they will always be the SECOND site to try it, and we will always have the honor of being the FIRST!

United Fanatica Forever!!!

On the multiplayer note......

It wouldn't work too well because we could look at each others forums....that would mean we would know excatly what would happen. So you see why I doubt this would work.
We would say lets attack "apolycentral" (The capital) They would read it.....and then beef up defence and we would fail! I'm sure you get my point.

Sure, might need to tighten loop holes, but maybe much later a year time maybe!

The way I think that a future MP democracy game could work would be thus:
responsible person from both CFC and 'poly (maybe Corn here :lol: ) would have to start a new forum like the one Spycatcher's got, but only give the link to people who PM'd them wanting to be on their side. The discussions could then take place behind closed (virtual) doors and the turns played out every so often. It would of course be important that the two different forums remained secret from the other team, and if a member tried to register to both sides then any advice they gave would have to be discounted and they would be banned.
Only after the game would the secret forum address be put onto the CFC and 'poly boards and then members of the other team could read their opponents' strategies and arguments and work out why they won/lost. Sounds difficult to implement, but bear this in mind for a future MP.....

I thank you for bringing constructive point's to this discussion.While we all can immagine what cumbersome issue's are involved before the actual beginning of such a game ,i still believe there must be some way's technicly to achieve such a game.It however need's enough support and creative imput of of important people to reconstruct the game in a multiplayer version.
In now way i'm stating that this could be achieved in the near future ,we have still a very long way to go before we can start such a game.We need more experience of previous games ,and we need a worked out technical setup.Also concensus's will have to be reached with our opponent's prior to begin the game.
But that doesn't has to withold us from constructing some of the concept's of the gameplay in advance.

My first question's is how to arange diplomatic discussion's ,summit's ,negoitian's ,rule's etc..

Originally posted by skywalker
Here's an idea:

Yeah, this would be cool. REAL espionage, but when the spy is found, his nation should pay... coooool!

Top Bottom