Multiplayer Desync: Building the Spy Agency before discovering ecology

NinjaGnat

Chieftain
If a player builds the spy agency before researching ecology in a multiplayer game, the game thinks that a desync has occurred.

When the game reloads, that player suddenly has the ecology tech, but not computing. They will be unable to build a spy agency for the rest of the game, since they've 'already built one,' but will not receive covert agents.

This actually has happened to my friends and i in games several times - and personally i noticed the same thing with it jumping ecology tech.
But it doesn't ALWAYS happen.

But my last game, it did the desync, then after the resync, i had computing AND ecology, and istill got to build my agency...
Free ecology was given to me? weird.

Ahh this is why I lost my spy agency.. that pissed me off so much I quit MP of BE. (granted it was the last straw after 150 hours of failed MP games.) Hopefully all of these out of synch problems can be fixed so firaxis can redeem themselves. Underneath it all is a good game. And hopefully this is a specific bug and not just symptoms of bad netcode causing out of synch at random times. I can add that somehow many of the mp community seem to think the DLC addon causes out of synch so they have started disabling this. I have no idea if it is true and I still had out of synch games even with dlc disabled. (and yes I preordered beyond earth.. I will never again preorder a firaxis game until I see MP code is prioritized and fixed in any of theyre games.)

Top Bottom