1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer issue

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by totteswede, Aug 19, 2009.

1. totteswede

totteswede Chieftain

I have a MP problem I was hoping someone could have a solution for.

Me and my friend have been playing Civ with BUG mod on a LAN for quite some time. When we read about CIV Gold we downloaded it asap to try it out. We had no issues getting our LAN game up and running, but after a while we realized that BUG was disabled.

I visited the forums to search for help and found some info about changes to ini-files which I promtly changed.
    Now we have no problem starting the game in singleplayer with both mods enabled (BUG+Gold), we can still play the game in MP with BUG only enabled but we cannot for the world get a MP-game up and running with both mods enabled :(

Strangely enough I can't seem to revert the files to how it was at first either, so we can't play Gold without Bug any more either...

We use version 3.17 of BTS, Bug 3.6 and the latest CIV Gold. When we start up with both mods enabled in MP the computers load the game for about 6-7 minutes and then crashes with a XML-error or just locks up totally.

Anyone have any ideas of what parameters/files to change ?

Regards,
    Totte

2. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

3. totteswede

totteswede Chieftain

The client takes about 5-6 minutes to start with Gold and then the game itself takes about 2 minutes to launch in singleplayer.
    In multiplayer the game crashes after about 7-8 minutes of loading, usually with a runtime-error or XML-error.

Our computers aren't state-of-the-art, but since we can run it without issues in SP I assume that's not the problem here.