Multiplayer Issues

Heerlo

Jedi Master Hearlo
So I've been trying to play Civ6 with my cousin. After starting together for the first time, it seemed things were going fairly well, but a few turns in, we disconnected from each other. We gave up that day and tried again today. My cousin hosts the game and invites me, and I can get in just fine. However, when he starts the game, my game continues to say "Game Starting" and is stuck in the setup room while he gets in the game.

This continued to happen so we decided to try hosting the game on my PC. However, for some strange reason, I cannot under any circumstances invite my cousin to the game. I can invite anyone else from my friends list, but not him. I thought this might have been because I was loading a save that he was in but I made sure he was not still in the game.

So the only way we can play is for him to host a completely new game, which usually only lasts a couple of turns(which take very long, btw)and crashes afterwards. And then there's no way to continue.

I thought the connectivity problems could be due to my terrible internet, but we played Civ5 on this same internet without nearly as much trouble.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Another interesting note is that none of the Steam friends options in Civ6 seem to work at all, such as viewing your friend's Steam profile or sending them a message. Even the 'Invite Friends' button on the game setup screen does nothing when clicked.

Top Bottom