Multiplayer livestream Thursday Oct. 20

I shall be keeping everything crossed that it turns out to be more fleshed out with options and functionality than Civ V, which they never really sorted out. For a game as big as Civ not to have a decent multiplayer in this day and age would be a really missed opportunity.

Too bad I can't watch it before release. I'll have to sleep at that hour, so I can play Civ6 all night and then still go to work in a some what tolerable state in the morning.

I shall be keeping everything crossed that it turns out to be more fleshed out with options and functionality than Civ V, which they never really sorted out. For a game as big as Civ not to have a decent multiplayer in this day and age would be a really missed opportunity.

I hope so too, but at the same time I can't say I'm that optimistic. If they had really put much effort into making the multiplayer more impressive this time around you'd think they would have made a bigger deal of it in their marketing so far, rather than waiting until the day before release to give us our first real look at it... :(

I hope so too, but at the same time I can't say I'm that optimistic. If they had really put much effort into making the multiplayer more impressive this time around you'd think they would have made a bigger deal of it in their marketing so far, rather than waiting until the day before release to give us our first real look at it... :(

Me neither. But it doesn't have to be anything spectacular. It just needs to have some sort of lobby system, be stable, and robust enough to not melt if players leave or drop out :lol:

Wait, isn't that a bit late?
The game is out tomorrow, isn't it? (In the Asian/Australian zone)

Edit:
Yes, this stream is two hours after the game is released in Australia (and those that will be 'magically' in Australia tomorrow).

Edit:
Yes, this stream is two hours after the game is released in Australia (and those that will be 'magically' in Australia tomorrow).

I mean, it's a lot cheaper for my computer's internet connection to take a vacation in Australia than to physically do so.

Only care for one thing regarding multiplay ; is there a hotseat mode?
I sincerely doubt it.

So, should we start a pool on how many desyncs or disconnects happen?
After today's debacle, I'm going high and saying 15 if the stream is 3 hours or less (not including any useless pre-game shows that may occur)

Only care for one thing regarding multiplay ; is there a hotseat mode?

There was in BE, so I assume there will be in CivVI.

Looking forward to this stream tho. My partner and I play MP all the time, so it'll be nice to see it in action

Looks like this starts in half an hour. Any guesses as to how it goes down? Does Ed Beach win? What civ wins? What victory condition?

You probably know it already, but there IS a Hotseat. Somebody showed it on stream.

I can confirm that there is a hotseat mode in the multiplayer menu! Another interesting choice is "Online" speed, in addition to our well-known speeds from Civ5... Any ideas what is that? Judging from its positioning before Quick, I presume it is the fastest speed. Description says "double-speed game"...

Top Bottom