1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer locks when selecting new research...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by shirleyrocks, Oct 26, 2005.

1. shirleyrocks

shirleyrocks Prince

Loaded Civ4 and entered a multiplayer game created by a friend. 3 humans, 3 AI. Simultaneous.

Everything seemed to run fine except when I, and only I, would have to do 'anything tech related.' For example, I would discover a new tech and the popup would appear asking me what to research next. I would not be able to select anything and my game would lock.

All other players would see a message that they were waiting on me. I would enter Windows Task Manager and it would report that Civ4.exe was not responding. I would cancel Civ4 from Task Manager, reload Civ4 and rejoin the game.

Everything would proceed smoothly until I had to choose a new technology again, at which point I would lock.

To get around this, I would select my Science Advisor and queue up a number of techs. This seemed to work fine for the most part, but one particular time I attempted this, my game locked again while looking at the tech tree.