Multiplayer out of synch?

c0pr4x

Warlord
I try to play a multi player map with my friend.. and it always say... out of synch... why? We have the same game (same version V27).

And i would like to know. It is normal i don't see pop up when i found a new Technologie? It happend only when i play multiplayer games.

Thanks

And it's weird.. i can see unit from other AI Civs.. but not from other human Civs...

Here a screen shot

Attachments

• 2012-12-08_00001.jpg
    2012-12-08_00001.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 81
In the multi-player bug thread we list what we need from you in order to track down and fix OOS.

Some screens are known to cause OOS which is probably why you don't see the pop up when you get a new tech - it was turned off to stop OOS.

i dont know where to find:

The logs from all computers (especially the OoS log in the BtS exe folder and the random log in the normal Civ Logs folder).

It is in my games? or in Steam folder?

In my My Games/Beyond the sword/Logs/

There are 5 text but nothing with my last game in it with my friend.

There! If that help! :)

Attachments

• Samuel - Player 0 - OOSLog - Turn 0.rar
    79.4 KB · Views: 27
We've got OOS issues. We are aware. We are working on them. They are a hell of a tough thing to fix. Our best guy at doing that is away for some months but should be back. I'm frustrated too because I'm very close to being able to help solve these but they still confuse the hell out of me AND I can't personally play the mod much without them being fixed because my wife and I enjoy the game so much together.

You could try playing without simultaneous turns. Would be slower but it should keep from going oos.

Your contribution of the logs could help and when we have AIAndy back to help us again on this continued spotting of OOS issues after he's fixed the next one would be even more helpful. Anyhow, I may have some luck at some point figuring out where we're having our most prevalent problem there (has something to do with AI decisions on the movements of troops that have anti-property abilities (like Town Watchmen for example).)

The OoS doesnt bother me.. (when it show on the screen). The only thing is.. i don't see units of my friend. I was able to see them in the beginning.. but all of sudden i could'nt see them... He say he was trying to attack my city and i didn't see that not even a message...

Once you're out of synch, horrible differences can begin to snowball. Too many turns into it and you'll find one player hasn't actually changed his build queues, ordered any troops (or the ai took over there to fill the gap), won or lost battles you'd had different results on the first time through...

Not advised to play on through an OOS for more than a round or two at most and even then it can still have consequences if you're trying to pick up where you left off.

For now, yes, until we can get those fixed. I'm very sorry for that - but if it makes you feel better, you're not alone. I'm in the same boat myself!

Alright! If it work fine without simultanious turn i will take that. :)

Thanks!

It is normal that me and my friend start the game always close of each other? We try like 3 times and we had start the game close of each other (like neibourgh country).

If you're playing as a team then absolutely yes. Otherwise its probably somewhat a result of the turn order and how the map spawns the civs in that order.

I try playing without simultanous play but again.. out of synch..

And it's weird.. when my friend joining my game.. it say that we don't have the same version.. but he has the V27... Is it a problem with the synch?

And can we play on internet (with gamespy?) or just in lan or directip?

It say.. Player 2 has different versions of some game files. Verify that this is a trusted player

Hmm... I guess it doesn't work to avoid them as I'd hoped. I was about to try a non-simultaneous game myself so that's good to know.

I suppose hotseat or pbem is all that's available right now then.

OOS files are tough to diagnose and treat. They're the toughest bug to uproot unfortunately. And our best guy for that is out til Feb. I can't play without them fixed either so I will be trying to address them if I can soon as well but my own efforts there could end up being little more than a lesson in torturous frustration as it has been every other time I've attempted it. But you never know... I might 'get it' at some point. I have some references to read up on and they may help.

You probably do need to both be running the exact same SVN version too. And both must be patched with the same v3.19 patch (there's some variances on that out there.) Any dll differences in the slightest will inevitably lead to an OOS quickly but I don't think that making sure you're both running the same exact file set is going to be a full solution anyhow since there are known OOS problems on the current SVN as it is.

Top Bottom