1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer out of synch?

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by c0pr4x, Dec 8, 2012.

1. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Chieftain

Just found one thing that will cause OOS in MP games:

The Event giving a Healers Hut does not update the game to put the cost for the Healers hut in City Maintenance if having building costs add to that. Other players games most likely WILL update to incorporate this but the one that gets it does not.

Bugs like that are among those that cause OOS. When we play MP games we mostly play without events but anything where one or more computer updates to current values and the rest don't is an OOS causing problem, regardless of what is or isn't updated.

Cheers

2. c0pr4x

c0pr4x Chieftain

I wonder if we press Shift + CTRL + T to rebuild everyturn it will work to synchronise to game?

3. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Chieftain

Only if that would also reset the Random Number to the same for all computers. Maybe Koshling can make that happen? I might not work but it could be worth giving it a shot.

Cheers

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

It doesn't currently cause a random number reset, and I'm not very familiar with the MP message-passing system so I'm not sure how to add that off hand (though I don't expect I would be too hard). Such a solution however, would only work for a specific subset of [possible OOS causes (those that ONLY result in property (in a general sense, so including things like maintenance and income) mismatches, NOT AI decision mismatches [which would result in thing like units in different places or different city build decisions). Given it can only address that subset my opinion is that it probably works NOW without the random resyncs as well as it would with one, since a random seed mismatch would almost completely certainly result in the OTHER category of OOS anyway. That's not to say that it WILL work, just that it MIGHT and if it doesn't then nor would the suggestion.

5. c0pr4x

c0pr4x Chieftain

So for now, if i want to play multi player game with my friend... i have to do it by email only or Hotseat? We try Direct IP and it doesnt work (oss synch) and we try internet game with gamesspy but we can't see our game up...