Multiplayer problems

Myre

Chieftain
well first off this is the best game ever :)

ok here goes

i have 2 pc ( dell XPS 420 /w Vista)

there both connected on the same modem (4 pc connected total)
i can see the other pc's from all of them ( share pic and all that other junk) but when i try to start a lan game the other pc cant see it and when i go with direct IP i get timed out, when i try to go via internet i can see the game yet i get timed out also....

i have tried it all with modem and pc firewalls on and off....

im also wondering if its the game or is this all vista's fault ??

Yeah, Im having the same problem. Haven't done direct IP but the LAN didn't work. I tried a regular game in bts and that worked over the LAN, so I think its a problem with FFH2. The computers are both win XP media edition, with the .31e ffh2 and media pack.

ok i have been messing around with this i plugged in my 2 old xp machine and everything is good but i can only join with one vista pc and its always out of sync so vista sucks bg time :(

LAN FfH games definitely work with XP machines, so I'd imagine it's a Vista related problem. I quite regularly play 3 player LAN games and don't have any problems (aside from the occassional OoS - but that's the same with BtS)

I dont know why I FFH2 doesnt work with me then. I have XP on both computers and games dont show up. They work fine with regular bts games and I have never had a oos problem with it. So if anyone else that has XP who has had this problem, please help?

when ever i do lan games i usualy do it via direct ip bc they wont detect them via lan game

what did u change to make it work on vista and keep it in synch ?

I have the same problem connecting with another persons lan.
Both machines are xp.

3.0 worked fine but 3.1 just doesn't seem to want to know?

I can get company of heroes for example working via lan but not this.

I have heard that if you are not both running the mod with the same order of patch installs that you sometimes cannot match up.

Ex..
Player A installs FfH .31 and patches to b, then patches to d, then patches to e.
Player B installs FfH .31 and patches to e.

They don't 'see' each other when trying to connect. The easy fix is to reinstall a fresh FfH .31 and patch to e for both of you.

Once I seemed to have had this error although it could have been a different connection problem. Another time i was able to connect fine with someone else with different ordering of patches. Anyway, it is something to try. If you do and it works please post.

I just ran a test with my housemate; we can't see LAN games, but direct connections works fine.

Exact same install order (31,31e,32,32a) on both systems.

Couldn't connect with my friend.

We reinstalled the entire game and just the most recent patch. It worked! Added media pack. Still working!

My wife and I both have Vista machines and play over LAN. After patching BTS 3.17 and then FFH2 we couldn't see each others machines. What I discovered is that I needed to reinstall the BTS 3.17 patch again after upgrading FFH2. For some reason FFH2 wasn't registering the correct BTS version over the network. Reinstalling the 3.17 patch allowed the PCs to see each other.

Top Bottom