Multiplayer Rankings?

bonafide11

Worker
Has anyone figured out how the multiplayer rankings are calculated? Doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Also, does Xbox Live sometimes take a while to update their statistics? Because it's not showing my last three wins :cry:

Update: Okay make that it's not showing my last FOUR wins, it's only been a day, but it's starting to worry me these wins aren't counting!

Okay now I'm seriously annoyed, I've played some more games now that have counted towards my record, but the wins from a couple days ago still aren't appearing. Last night I was kicking ass in a game when the gears wouldn't stop turning in between turns and after nothing happened for 15 minutes I quit, immediately my loss counts, yet I have several wins that aren't counting from two days ago! What gives???

Plus, none of the ranking makes any sense, how can someone with twice as many losses as me and half the wins as me be ahead of me???

Well to my knowledge the max rating points you can get is 8. I believe the points you can achieve is accumulated by if players leave before the game is over or not and a combination of when you take everyone out in the game. Now i'm not sure if you get max points for capturing all the cities before you take over Capitals. But I believe that the major factor is just if players leave before they get eliminated. I think it may even be like you 2 points for each player you kill. And since there's always 4 when you play a FFA or 1v1, you must get 8. I think you still get 8 though for playing a Team even if there's only 3 others players besides your team.

But then again this is only speculation.

That doesn't make sense as some people have 1,000+ points from only playing 3 games or so.

That doesn't make sense as some people have 1,000+ points from only playing 3 games or so.

Technology victory is the one who give you more points, so it is possible.

Well I wish people wouldn't always quit early so I could actually finish a game and get more points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycz

Technology victory is the one who give you more points, so it is possible.

I was referring to Boss Nasty's theory that a win gives you 8 points, since 8 x 3 = 24.

Anyone else on Xbox Live not have it keep proper track of your wins/losses?

when i brought up issues to do with multiplayer you spammed and flamed me for it, now we have you babying in your own thread, double posting like no tomorrow, please cry me a river, everyone is aware multiplayer is bugged now, get off the bandwagon

when i brought up issues to do with multiplayer you spammed and flamed me for it, now we have you babying in your own thread, double posting like no tomorrow, please cry me a river, everyone is aware multiplayer is bugged now, get off the bandwagon

Well I had to look back to see what post you were referring to, but no, I didn't flame you, I just said I didn't need to see that video. Everyone knows the game freezes, watching a video of it freezing was a waste of time. I didn't post a video of it not keeping track of my game scores, I just commented on it. So chill out. :mischief:

Here's what I've noticed: I don't think wins count if everyone quits and you didn't actually eliminate anyone. This sucks because if you're out researching everyone by the modern age, they'll often just quit and assume they're going to lose. It's really quite frustrating. So you almost have to rush someone early to get their capital in order to get get credit for the eventual win.

Top Bottom