Multiplayer Saves and World Builder?

Camper Joe

Chieftain
So, I guess I'm back to whine about my OOS issues, in a sense :lol:. Anyways, I've been working on how to make my LAN games playable, and I've found that the number one reason for persistent OOS errors are savage archers firing. So, I turned off savages- But Zarcaz and his goblin group still pose a bit of a problem, and, in this current game, I have run into some sort of elven archer savages. They are both causing persistent OOS errors, and I would very much like to continue with this game.

So, my question is: How would I open a RiFE multiplayer save game with the World Editor/Builder so as to remove these blasted archers? Anyways, thank you very much for your time. Perhaps you can educate my rather distant grasp of the WB. :help:

Cheers, Joe.

So, I guess I'm back to whine about my OOS issues, in a sense :lol:. Anyways, I've been working on how to make my LAN games playable, and I've found that the number one reason for persistent OOS errors are savage archers firing. So, I turned off savages- But Zarcaz and his goblin group still pose a bit of a problem, and, in this current game, I have run into some sort of elven archer savages. They are both causing persistent OOS errors, and I would very much like to continue with this game.

So, my question is: How would I open a RiFE multiplayer save game with the World Editor/Builder so as to remove these blasted archers? Anyways, thank you very much for your time. Perhaps you can educate my rather distant grasp of the WB. :help:

Cheers, Joe.

Try This ;)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354200

You can't use worldbuilder in a multiplayer save.

I'm planning to add a multiplayer option which turns off ranged attacks, though it's a heavy nerd for some civs.

Issue occurs when an AI makes a ranged strike, and not all players can see it.

Ahah, that would be why playing on a team with the players you're in the LAN game with seems to help. So, essentially, my game is done, as a large number of savage elven archers have decided to take up defense on a hill next to a city that they don't care to actually capture, only bombard.. And I only have warriors. Curses! :sad:

Now, I was under the impression that only savage/demonic horde archers triggered this OOS error, so I made Zarcaz's spawn never occur, and removed the frostling archers spawned by Samhain.. These changes won't make any difference? Seems like the more I try, the more futile the battle against this OOS error really is. Haha.:think:

Also, I don't care to revert back to 1.20. Heh, I have a real intense hatred of using older versions. Someday, the fix will be found!

Ahah, that would be why playing on a team with the players you're in the LAN game with seems to help. So, essentially, my game is done, as a large number of savage elven archers have decided to take up defense on a hill next to a city that they don't care to actually capture, only bombard.. And I only have warriors. Curses! :sad:

Now, I was under the impression that only savage/demonic horde archers triggered this OOS error, so I made Zarcaz's spawn never occur, and removed the frostling archers spawned by Samhain.. These changes won't make any difference? Seems like the more I try, the more futile the battle against this OOS error really is. Haha.:think:

Also, I don't care to revert back to 1.20. Heh, I have a real intense hatred of using older versions. Someday, the fix will be found!

That is EXACTLY why team games are stable. The main OOS issue is the ranged attacks, and when playing on a team you can all see the attack.

Blocking barb archers doesn't help. Just the standard culprit, but the issue exists for AI civs as well.

I'm not sure I can find a fix (Xienwolf couldn't, and he has a LOT more experience with that). Which is why I'll be adding a multiplayer gameoption. ;)

That is EXACTLY why team games are stable. The main OOS issue is the ranged attacks, and when playing on a team you can all see the attack.

Blocking barb archers doesn't help. Just the standard culprit, but the issue exists for AI civs as well.

I'm not sure I can find a fix (Xienwolf couldn't, and he has a LOT more experience with that). Which is why I'll be adding a multiplayer gameoption. ;)

Interesting. Then I may as well throw Zarcaz and Samhain back in. Ah, if only I could take a look at the code properly, but I have almost no knowledge of Python.. So, I'm entirely useless to you. :lol:

I would assume the error is occurring somewhere in the code calculating the amount of collateral damage? That seems like the most complex equation and most possible reason, although I can't imagine why it only occurs when other players cannot see the bombardment taking place. Must be some kind of exterior factor sneaking its way into the code that has to do with that.

Anyways, best of luck to you, sir. Cheers.

It appears I fixed this by accident when fixing an unrelated CtD. So expect future versions to be more MP friendly. Going to rewrite it one more time to see if I can get the old functionality without the CtD or OOS. Also, more testing needed, but I'm too busy modding to do any of that :D

The problem was the AI doing stuff where stuff wasn't supposed to be done. That's the best I can describe it right now without looking at the code :p

Praise ye almighty God, Master Snarko himself!

So, out of curiosity, would it be out of the question to message me the fix, if it's not that large? Perhaps I can be your testing dummy, Hehe. I hate the bug with a passion, I can't resist asking. :lol:

But seriously, I do praise you for smiting this blasted bug. It has ruined a good many games. :)

Wonderful! Not that we're much of a group. But I've been wanting to try and start one, although most responses I've received have been along the lines of "impossibly hard with the archer OOS error". So, perhaps with this, it will be possible to start a moderately sized group up. :)

Excellent!!!! In the Spanish Rife Forum at Apolyton we are already 40 players of this mod, and we would love to be able to play in multi-player with the
ranged attacks. Presently up to 10 of us play your mod at a time without OOS problems with the mods we use, but these eliminate the ranged attacks.
It would be great to be able to use them in multi-player also. We are also going to organize a massive pitboss in a couple of weeks and it would be
outstanding to be able to use ranged attacks in it. Could you please provide the necessary files? We'd thoroughly test them, as we play multi-player games
throughout all the week.
We'd really appreciate it.

By the way, Valkrionn, the Spanish translation is still ongoing, we are now a small translation team working eagerly to finish it. When it's ready I'll
upload it here again so you can use it as you will.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

I noticed this thread is a bit old, so I was wondering if the archer thing was fixed in 1.23 (I don't know what version it was when this post was made)? I am getting a ton of OOS errors - and we had trouble locating the cause (aside from building Imperial Roads from that ModModMod). We end up reloading whenever we get them and then it's fine, but because it takes so long to load the map it makes things a touch annoying.

I still get OOS errors in 2 or 3 player MP on huge maps with 15-25 civs. Playing 1.31.195, Win7, with blessings, living world, all unique features. It's been a year since this post, is 1.4 still pending? Will it have lots more bug fixes for MP?

Top Bottom