1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer strategy Earth18

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Agramon, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Agramon

Agramon Warlord

Hi!

I recently stumbled into an earth18 MP game and of course got a serious beating for not prioritizing construction, while starting in Europe. I was searching a bit for mp strategy, but I found very little, except the few guides in the War Academy that mostly relate to pangaea FFA.

A few specific questions appeared to me.

1. GE bulbing can be used to get an advantage or thats just a waste?

2. Culture seems to be quite important in Europe to grab land from the beaten opponents?

3. Most civs should be moving Capital?

Germany -> Copper if they survive?
    Rome or Spain to peaks for strategic reasons?

Please share a bit of insight, i wanna beat you :crazyeye:

2. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

How many opponents? If you can, warrior rushing 1/2 to 3/4 of europe is ridiculously strong. Russia, Persia, and China have solid starts.

If tech trades are off and the difficulty is reasonably challenging, the new world is viable too.

3. Agramon

Agramon Warlord

We were about 10/18. Spain, Rome, Greece, France, England, Germany and Russia human. AI Difficulty seems to be noble by default.

4. Sportyatuncw06

Sportyatuncw06 Warlord

I've never play multiplayer but I gotta think you need military, military and more military . I would think most humans will be more agressive and better strategist. I would go after military techs first especially defensive ones and expand cautiously. Go after weak AIs when possible and obtain borders such as mountains or water wherever possible. Religion and wonders probally won't be very useful. Production and science should be high priority.

5. peapd

peapd Chieftain

(note: you'd get better answers if we knew what civ/starting spot you were in, and who around you was AI or Human. But...)

If the AI is set to Noble, you should probably warrior rush close AIs.

Worker first, tech to whatever strategic resource you've got (Iron = Axemen), kill.