1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Multiplayer teams and the new alliances

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by Turrdy, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Turrdy

Turrdy Chieftain

Does anybody already know how the new alliances are going to work in multiplayer teams? In vanilla you are allied to all your team members from turn 1 of the game. Can you now choose what alliance you want to have, or are those specialized alliances only available once you have the tech/civic to do so? Or do multiplayer teams now start without alliances but only with declared friendship?

2. Swissy

Swissy Chieftain

We are going to have to wait for the release. I doubt any consideration was given as to how R&F will play as multiplayer. Previous releases have shown they don't really test the game multiplayer; adding overpowered civs, unbalancing wonders and untested map scripting that causes unplayable spawns.

3. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Chieftain

We will wait and see...but Teams are hard coded alliances, so I would lean forward to say that Teams will get all the alliance benefits in RF....but I've been wrong before

CS

4. Turrdy

Turrdy Chieftain

Well, maybe they'll do a multiplayer-live-stream. That'd be cool!