Multiplayer teams?

Carl5872

Prince
Has anyone heard if there is or will be a way to play multiplayer team games? Or can you confirm this will not be part of Civ 6?

there is a way already to do it
But ir requires all players playing editing there xml files :(

There is no official conformation that and when it's officialy coming but i suspect early next year (90 days afther release when all get atztec)

Thanks, do you have a link to the instructions?

Multiplayer team games can be enabled in Civilization VI by editing XML files as @komodowaran mentioned HOWEVER team games as a whole currently do not work due to several crippling bugs that have not yet been fixed.

If you're still curious then the list of instructions (and reasons why they ultimately don't work) can be found here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/psa-how-to-enable-team-multiplayer.600821/#post-14516369

The official bug report on the matter can be located here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/multiplayer-game-setup-no-team-option.600463/

And even without enabling the above which only gets you a 30 turn alliance, you can still play team games just as we did in Civ2 and Civ3, its just not hard coded in the game....

CS

Guys i now found a way to make Teams with out the crippling bugs
But it requires to have a costum map with the strings of the players that wan't to play in it and u need to change and redistrobute 3 files each time u wan't to make new teams
And it also removes the randomized player positioning on the map (player 1 wil always spawn on the same region) so it's not a good solution eather but it works with out the crippling bugs but it's crippling that u got to remake the map files each time u wan't to make new teams

it's basicly using the map for greating teams since the map actualy can actualy do that in civ 6 by using a work around

and since the map has access to the player names u can set teams by creating the map

Are you creating the map using the world builder? I have teams enabled and have used a custom map I created but when my friend and I play on the custom map the alliance ends in 30 turns or so. I can set the player positioning in the world builder but I don't see any of the options you mentioned. For instance, where and how do you enter the strings of the players for the custom map teams?
I use world builder for creating the baisicmap
how ever u can make it run your own scripts since u have code execution when somone is loading your map

Last edited:
Whats code execution: klick here

or short: it's where u can run your code and make changes to the map like introducing teams or changing start position or replace the map with all mountains :)
You don't understand. Why won't you help others by telling us THE ACTUAL CODE that allows teams... What is the point of posting here telling people that you've found a way to make teams without bugs then you don't tell us the code nor how to properly do it.

Last edited:
The Problem about posting Code is that somone can just reuse the code and modify any map to contain a virus with it and host it over the official server and u won't be able to tell
As long as this "virus" just makes teams that fine but some guys out there could have some bad ideas

Top Bottom