Multiplayer with friends help

liamc

Chieftain
hello, i recently started playing civ multiplayer with 3 friends, and we have a few problems with the exeprience. i wanted to know if any of you have them too and how you dealt with it.
1. not all of us are very good players, and some games people get in a position they feel like they cant win, for exemple a failed war conquest, or falling behind anther player in the path they are trying to win.
2. the game does not feel fair sometimes with regards to starting positions, or civs balancing. if you have some friendly rules about it with ur friends or restrictions.

i would love to know from ur experience how u handled things.

I've had the same problems (mostly because I love the game and I'm trying to get my friends into it. It doesn't seem to work. I have had one friend it worked with. We have AI civs and we have to go through those first before we can get to each other. It seemed to work well.

Don't rely on chat too much to acquire information on rivals, instead use delegations and Trade routes; avoid sitting on the fence and not denouncing or befriending anyone; weaker civilizations with compatible abilities can ally against stronger ones; the casus belli system is actually pretty for determining how human players should react to a war declaration.

Top Bottom