Multiplayer?

Hmm i guess you enter multiplayer/internet path on screen and discover no games in the lobby. Well this happens sometimes if you enter the room in middle of night. But there are multiplayer guys around.

Joining a league and/or making enough friend on steam is necessary in less busy times of day.

Mm i changed my steam settings from Aussie to USA - NYC and i found a few games..but now that lobby is also empty...sigh ;/

If you are from Australia and play on evenings, i suggest you to go to Paris or Germans servers. f you play in afternoons, go to Los angeles or New York servers.

There is not a lot of traffic, that is for sure. But you also need to play at times when people are on. Typically after work/school around 5-10pm Eastern Time is the busiest.

there you can enter their steam group chat
in chat arrange a ladder game with the hardcore pros or
make a friend a agree to a non ladder game - right click name and invit to game
I played with an aussie i met through the group chat, non ladder game
Build up friends list and you hopefully can invite them directly to your game you host/ vice versa
I the guy from oz i played with said there were no games up - game list is regional.

there you can enter their steam group chat
in chat arrange a ladder game with the hardcore pros or
make a friend a agree to a non ladder game - right click name and invit to game
I played with an aussie i met through the group chat, non ladder game
Build up friends list and you hopefully can invite them directly to your game you host/ vice versa
I the guy from oz i played with said there were no games up - game list is regional.

Yes you can get the links to the Civplayers Chat in my sig, you do not have to join the league though you are welcome too, but our chat is open to everyone to find games. And it does get around Steams regional servers.

CS

Don't let anyone fool you...there were tons of multiplayer games going in the beginning, but it was pretty terrible and crashed constantly so everyone basicly gave up. I remember the first week after release there were over 50 games constantly going in my region ( and I'm in the middle of nowhere midwest US)...now I'm lucky to see 1 game on the list at peak hours. It's been almost 6 months since release and MP is still sucking badly...by the time its fixed nobody will care anymore.

You can just take a look at civfanatics forum. Allways about 40-50 people looking at general discussion, 20-30 at and tips, and 2-3 at most at multiplayer.

I guess it s the same ingame. I only play multiplayer, hardly any SP games. And 90% of the time I see the same players over and over again and I know that unless I connect to a game at civplayers (where there are probably at about 100 players who can beat me, especially in CTON, I m better at FFA than maxing out 110 turns), to play people from other regions there is about 2-3 players who can beat me (and I know who they are) and the rest can t.

That is not saying I am very good at MP, that is just a resoult of so few players actually playing MP.

I'd be careful with statistics though. CFC is a SP fan site with a MP sub-section, I could say the opposite if I talked about the CivPlayers forums, "oh look 95% of the posts are about MP and only 5% about SP" it must be that there are few SP players :-/

The truth is likely that the true stats are in-between the too extremes and though MP is likely a smaller percentage in Civ5 due to the beta state it shipped in, it is not a market to be ignored anymore.

I'm sure Firaxis/2K Marketing figured only the hardcore players were interested in MP. Well I'm sure they no better now, the casual MP player is a much larger part of games in 2010 than in the past. And if you don't believe me look at the many threads at the 2K forums about Pitboss, PBEM, Hotseat, and animations and simu vs turn based turns, and you will see there are a lot more MP players waiting in the wings that just us holding the torch at CivPlayers......I can only hope that 2K has learned there lesson this time.

CS

Every time a new patch comes out, I wait with baited breath that they will actually fix Multiplayer... only to be disappointed again. My guess is they are not going to be addressing these issues so I am uninstalling the game today. I will check back every 6 months or so to see if they are ever going to fix their broken product. Is there somewhere I can register to receive an email automatically when they decide to fix multiplayer?

Top Bottom