1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Goody Huts in One Turn Issue

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by steveg700, Dec 23, 2017.

1. steveg700

steveg700 Chieftain

So, I got lucky and had a bunch of goody huts around my civ. I noticed that after popping the second one in a turn, nothing seemed to be happening. There would be a noise like the science bubbles or somesuch, and the scout would get XP, but nothing else happened. I waited a turn, and the goody hut now gave me a bonus scout.

Known issue?

2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Yes, we looked at it in a goody hut thread not long ago and since I have been noting 100% consistency with it.

What s happening is the hut has decided what tech eureka to give you that turn before you select it. I you now get that same eureka through another hut or getting it naturally then you get nothing from it.

steveg700 and Noble Zarkon like this.
  3. Ribannah

Ribannah Fighter Druid

Sometimes you get the sound effect but no message. In that case, there may nonetheless be a new eureka or inspiration somewhere. Check both trees.

4. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

In a previous thread I even pasted a .sav file so you could recreate the effect.

Settle the city and get sailing, then get nothing from the goody hut And no XP
    Get sailing from the goody hut before settling the city
    Get something different from the goody hut by waiting a turn

I see the effect fairly often, common ones are when you find a wonder or meet a civ.
    Sounds exactly like what happened to the OP, all symptoms are there.

steveg700 likes this.
  5. steveg700

steveg700 Chieftain

Thanks, Victoria.