multiple log-ins to CfC

Peaster

Emperor
Is this normal ? Is there an easy fix ?

When I reply to a post here, the website asks me to log-in [if I recall correctly, it used to recognize me as a member, and didn't make me log in each time]. Then I submit the reply, and it asks me to log-in again. Sometimes it hangs at this point, and the reply is just lost, which gets annoying eventually.

I'm not sure if this a web site problem or something on my end. At the moment, I'm using an old Win98 machine, with Explorer 5 or so, but IIRC the problem occurs on newer machines too.

Standard questions: Do you have cookies enabled for the forums? Have you checked the "remember me" option when you log in? Do you clear your cache regularly?

If the answers to these questions are "yes" and you still can't keep from being kicked out, I recommend you post your question in the Site Feedback forum and hopefully someone should be able to help you.

BTW, try using Firefox. :) It's much less messy. ;)

Standard questions: Do you have cookies enabled for the forums? Have you checked the "remember me" option when you log in? Do you clear your cache regularly?

Thanks! I think my problem was the "Remember me" box; didn't know what that meant [and now I'm wondering why anyone would intentionally leave it unchecked].

You may also want to check your Explorer 5 settings to see if it deletes caches and cookies when you close the program.

Top Bottom