Multiple Nuke screenshot

tranx

Civilized
How many nuclear explosions is it possible to capture in a single screenshot?
I managed three. Is there a way to have more without developing the apm skills of a starcraft player?

Hard as I try, I'm stuck at four (not counting the one falling). Can you do better? (silly contest thread!)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0752.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0752.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 223
It can't be that hard to "n" click --> click next nuke in rapid succession. If you had actual starcraft pro APM you'd probably get capped by the game UI processing them, since they average ~5 inputs/second. Even with far less impressive APM you ought to be able to fire 6ish nukes across 2-3 seconds, and their animations are longer than that.

Can the game actually keep up with that is the question. In my experience, it stops letting you do anything. I've run out of time in blazing timer with nukes because the game freezes you doing more commands until it calcs the nuke damage.

Problem is you need to select each nuke manually, otherwise it takes ages for the game to do it, and you lose precious milliseconds in the process.

Check out these two screens taken at very short intervals of time:

Civ4ScreenShot0768.JPG
The mushroom cloud of the first nuke on the left is rapidly dying out while the fifth nuke hasn't yet hit target.

Civ4ScreenShot0769.JPG
Here you can see the blast from the fifth nuke as it just hit the ground, the smoke from the first nuke fading almost completely, which means btw that I broke my own record with five nuclear explosions in a single screenshot! :woohoo:

Guess it would be more optimal to record the whole thing and pick the best frame rather than use the PrintScreen key...

So on that note...is there a way to mod it so that the UI doesn't freeze for the entire animation? That has to be my single biggest peeve when it comes to this game. Especially when you're launching nukes at an AI with SDI and have to watch one by one as "75%" (more like 90%) of your nukes get shot down.

This reminds me of pausing Rise of Nations so I could launch like 12 nukes at an enemy civ simultaneously :D

Top Bottom