Multiplier Buildings: A Practical Primer

Aabraxan

Mid-level Micromanager
A new book entry has been added:

[drupal=447]Multiplier Buildings: A Practical Primer[/drupal]

MULTIPLIER BUILDINGS: A PRACTICAL PRIMER

Some time ago, Tone was kind enough to explain the basics of multiplier buildings to me in this post. With his permission, I have reworked his original post in an attempt to create a strategy article.

One of the items that commonly confuses new players is the issue of multiplier buildings. Multiplier buildings commonly increase science or tax output by 50%, but are these gains simple or compound? If a market increases tax revenue by 50% and a library increases research by 50%, what happens if I build both? Do they enhance each other, or conflict with each other? How do I decide when to build one, the other, or both? This article is intended to help you unravel the mysteries of multiplier buildings and decide when and where they should be built.

It's a good question about whether buildings compound one another. This can be further seen if you save your game, then go to one of your highly built up cities, then wright down its production and improvements. Then proceed to sell off the improvements one by one and wright down the new production. You can then do the math that shows the bonuses are based only on the base amount of trade not the modified amount. (You can then reload your last save and recover the sold buildings.) Still I build both buildings. You tend to switch between gold and research through-out the game, researching hard for a few turns then turning down the research in the last 1-2 turns to get as much gold as you can without going over the needed vials to complete your research (this is where scientists come in handy)

Top Bottom