Mumia Abu-Jamal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exsanguination

No longer here
Originally posted by rmsharpe
How can you quote Mumia Abu-Jamal, Exsanguination?

He's both a murderer and a Communist.

I think most of you know who Mumia Abu-Jamal is and why he is incarcerated. If you don't, I'll post a link tomorrow on his history. But for some reason I see rmsharpe's comment another caustic, unintelligent comment from someone who has watched too much CNN :rolleyes:.

Do you think he is a murderer? Do you think he should be executed or freed? What are your opinions?

I'm tired; I'll come back tomorrow morning and post my comments. For now I believe Mumia is entirely innocent and that this case is just another example of how giving power to people ultimately results in autocracy governed by prejudice and preference, not justice.

Here is a veyr good link that is pro-free Mumia and should have some info on his arrest and such: www.freemumia.org.

I beseech you not to make pointless, or unintelligent comments on this topic. Read the facts (from both sides of the equation) and make your judgement.

--Ex

Ay... please back up your statement rmsharpe. So far you are nothing but a fool with a big mouth.

Originally posted by Exsanguination
But for some reason I see rmsharpe's comment another caustic, unintelligent comment from someone who has watched too much CNN.
:confused: CNN was actually quite fair on the story (I challenge you to find a CNN article which isn't). Sharpe watches Fox 'News', which I'm sure had quite a different take.

Originally posted by Exsanguination
For now I believe Mumia is entirely innocent and that this case is just another example of how giving power to people ultimately results in autocracy governed by prejudice and preference, not justice.
If the 'conspiracy' went further than overworked, underpaid, and fearfull cops trying to protect their own, I'd agree with you.

It was a case for anyone who hates the police, the death penalty, and likes playing the race card to adopt as a pet cause. Not much more.

I read the stuff about him on the website, and I agree with you Ex, he should be freed. Countless times the police have done racial profiling or killed innocent Black men.

@Ex: You can't expect any better from a person who supports what Pinochet (sp?) did.

Obviously none of us knows for sure whether he is guilty or innocent, but based on what I have heard and read I believe he is innocent and should (but in all likelihood will not) be freed. He seems to have been framed and is really a political prisoner.

He is a guilty murderer, and should be put to death.

Don't you have any objective sites about it? And even if there are new evidences, his lawyer(s) should use them to appeal the former sentence. Untill they do so, and untill a court will declare him innocent, he's guilty and should be punished.

Abu-Jamal is a murderer, and has rightly been sentenced to death.
Gah, he was a victim of race hatred, this case sums up the racist prejudice built into the American 'justice' system.

He should go free.

The detah penalty is barbaric and hypocritical.

As the web site says:

http://www.freemumia.org./intro.html

Facts about Mumia's 1982 trial:

* The policeman was killed with a 44 caliber gun. Abu-Jamal's gun which he was licensed to carry as a night-time taxi driver, was a 38 caliber.

* The police never tested Abu-Jamal's gun to see if it had been recently fired. They never tested his hands to see if he had fired a gun. They have never shown Abu-Jamal 's gun to be the fatal weapon.

* No police officers present at Abu-Jamal's arrest claimed to have heard Jamal's "confession" until two months after it allegedly occurred. This was right after Abu-Jamal had filed police brutality charges.

* Abu-Jamal's doctor said that Abu-Jamal, who was unconscious, said nothing. He reported that a nurse found police with loaded guns pointed at Mumia as he lay unconscious in his hospital bed.

* William Singletary, a Vietnam veteran and local businessman, saw the whole incident and has testified that Abu-Jamal was not the shooter. However, the police forced him to change his story and intimidated him into leaving Philadelphia.

* Other key witnesses, such as Veronica Jones -- who now testifies in support of Abu-Jamal, were harassed into giving false testimony. Two prosecution witnesses were given special favors, including exemption from criminal prosecution, for their testimony.

Elements in an unfair trial:

* The Judge, Albert Sabo, sentenced more people to death than any other sitting judge in the US.

* The public defender didn't interview a single witness in preparation for the trial, and didn't have funds for defending a capital case.

* The prosecutor removed 11 qualified African Americans from the jury. He also argued for the death penalty because of Mumia's membership in the Black Panther Party, a practice later condemned as unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court.

* The racial bias of Philadelphia's courts has resulted in 120 people on death row, all but 13 non-white.

Do you have facts from a reliabe sources or just this propoganda?

Originally posted by G-Man
Do you have facts from a reliabe sources or just this propoganda?
If the police system is biased and racsist, hence the fact
* The racial bias of Philadelphia's courts has resulted in 120 people on death row, all but 13 non-white.
how would it be realistic to get information from official sources? That site is realiable as is possible to get, any attempt to find information from an official source would come up against the rascist bias of the 'justice' system.

Oh, another conspiracy theory.... Don't you have anything better to do? :rolleyes:

Oh, another conspiracy theory.... Don't you have anything better to do? :rolleyes:
what the ****?

Does the fact that out of 120 put on death row only 13 were white not tell you that maybe the judicial system is racially biaded?

-->edited for typos

or peehaps these are just social economics? Not to mention the fact that I don't trust this site to give any facts. I simply don't trust these propoganda sites.

BTW if out of 120 only 13 were not white doesn't it mean 107 are white? So you want more non white executions? :confused:

or peehaps these are just social economics? Not to mention the fact that I don't trust this site to give any facts. I simply don't trust these propoganda sites.

BTW if out of 120 only 13 were not white doesn't it mean 107 are white? So you want more non white executions? :confused:
oh wow I made a typo big deal haha very funny

Originally posted by ApocalypseKurtz
Obviously none of us knows for sure whether he is guilty or innocent, but based on what I have heard and read I believe he is innocent and should (but in all likelihood will not) be freed. He seems to have been framed and is really a political prisoner.
i agree, but i never read any not biased articels though.

He should be set free! He's innocent! But anyways I think this is corruption and racism in the police ranks and corrupt judges and courts, I don't think it permeates all the way to the Supreme Court

A site named "free x" is not a good source for impartial information about x, whether that "X" be Charles Manson, Abu-Jamal, Ruben Carter (another guilty murderer who should have been executed) etc, etc.

The fact that more coloureds get sentenced to death does not automatically imply racist conspiracy, as our shiny happy teenage commie argues. Indeed, as G-Man says, it is more likely to indicate that more crime occurs in those communities. This is an issue that must be addressed, but at the same time does not mean those responsible for crime should be let off or treated leniently.
If an individual, black, white, pink or purple, commits a capital crime, then they should pay the appropriate penalty.

How come is this guy suddenly an active topic if he was sentenced 20 years ago? Is his time on Death Row up?

IMO, a case with that many open questions shouldn't yield a death sentence. I couldn't even find him guilty if I was on the jury.

But then, I'm against the death sentence in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom