1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mummy! The naughty Aztecs nuked me!

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by Andy6474b, May 8, 2002.

1. Andy6474b

Andy6474b Chieftain

Playing on Earth as the Chinese at Warlord level.
    Managed to get a game where more than 2 other civs were still alive by 1ad (had the Mongols, Russians, Zulus, Aztecs and English (in south america)).

Id built up a nice little empire (including a 'great wall' of forts to keep the other civs units out my corner of asia). Happily playing an isolationist policy and just having fun building stuff when all of a sudden the Aztecs launched a pre-emptive surprise nuclear attack on my biggest city!

The global warming that resulted from my retaliatory strike did horrible things for my reforrestation project in the north :-(
    Still it looked better than North America after Id finished with it - practically not a square left untouched by fallout ;-)

2. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

I once played a game at prince level, I had developed nukes and so had the Aztecs. They were on another continent and we had had some wars but it was quite peaceful at the moment. At once, coming out of nothing two cities of mine were nuked and they landed a few armors. I managed to kill them and started rebuilding my cities after this I build some nukes too. In the meanwhile the Aztecs had begun constructing a spaceship and launched it. Naturally I don't like loosing and nuked their capital, brought in some armors and took their capital two or three years before arrival of their spaceship. Then I constructed a spaceship, defended my capital well against some nukes and won the game.... Aztecs are evil.:mad:

3. GenghisK

GenghisK ...

True for me too. No mercy for the Aztecs. they once nuked me. And even sent their spaceship before me. But that was eons ago, when I just started playing civ and knew nothing about the gameplay rules.

4. Belasaurius

Belasaurius Chieftain

i started playing civ when i was 7 or 8:eek: i had no idea what i was doing back than!:crazyeye:

5. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

hehe.. I remember that old quote about the Aztecs and nukes (probably from the BBS - Bulliten Board System - era). I even put it in my sig.

6. The Overlord

The Overlord Chieftain

The Aztecs are more than evil but the Chinese are quite behind them with the same dirty tactic. Always be Mr. niceguy and than building one wonder after another and attack. Therefore as soon as I discover one of these civs I immediately attack them and wipe them out completely so they don't get the chance to become big and annoying.

Yes I'm remembering my Civ I days too being around eight and always wondering why the citizens don't like me and going to rebel all the time.

7. Portuguese

Portuguese Vassalising Spain

Aztecs are EVIL...
    They were the 1st ones who nuked me, back in 1995.
    And I still remember it
    (I still remember 2 things: in my 1st game Caesar killing my phalanx with armors and in my 2nd my nuclear war against aztecs, I being Zulus and having Europe, Africa and Asia...)

8. tSlater

tSlater Emperor Ieyasu!

I nuked before I ever got nuked.. so my first experience with nukes at all was basially:

launch 5 nukes at various cities
    go through 6 cycles of global warming

=O =P

9. Portuguese

What's a "cicle of global warming", in CIV3?

10. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Pure Randomness.

11. tSlater

tSlater Emperor Ieyasu!

Civ 3 doesn't have it in cycles? I guess that makes it kind of more realistic.. but not as fun.. =P

12. Portuguese

In CIV2 and CIV1 there were...

In CIV3, occasionally (more often if there is more polution...), a grassland becomes a plain or a plain becomes a desert (more common this 2...). Yes, it's more realistic.
    You still have to concern with pollution, but that is NOT the main issue now. Concentrate on modern armors and ICBMs :D

13. Marx

Marx Chieftain

Hmm. I always have some nukes to strike back. (Read: I have enough nukes to destroy the core of attackers`civilization.

14. bbaws

bbaws Chieftain

Ahhh my first ever game of Civ1, those pesky germans for thousands of years, nibbling round the edges of my mighty empire. Almost orgasmic moment: the first test of nuclear weapons occurred in downtown Berlin. Tanks HO!

15. Portuguese

Or you have enough NUKEs or you don't have nukes at all :)

16. tSlater

tSlater Emperor Ieyasu!

lol, in the first game I played and launched nukes, I had prepared enough nukes to attack every enemy city probably.. =P (I didn't actually count, but I definately had a lot)

17. The Overlord

The Overlord Chieftain

:lol: Think this describes my first Civ games very well and it's a very cool quote too therefore I took parts of them into my signature hope it's ok for you?

18. Portuguese

It's soooo coool to be quoted in signatures!!!

OF COURSE it is OK!!! :D

19. Portuguese

And it was in your 100th post...

20. The Overlord

The Overlord Chieftain

Yup so you see your quote was double important:
    1) I got a nice signature
    AND
    2) Creating it involves the 100th post. [party] wohoo