'Murica - Immortal help

metatheory

Chieftain
I need some direction on how best to finish this Immortal game.

I just finished a 1000 year war with Ramkham, Theodora, and Pachacuti. While Pacha got decimated after I paid Japan to hit him from the South, all I was able to do against Ram was to trade Lampang with him a few times... this was mainly due to Theordora spamming her trash units thru Ram's territory which held me up pretty well.

Spoiler :

As you can see, I'm not in very good shape any more. The war forced me to be stuck in production mode for half the game and as a result my cities are sparsely populated. My culture is atrocious and I'm about to have some happiness issues when I try to kick start some population growth. And... Japan has started to run away by taking over most of the Ottomans to the south.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I am making some decent cash which I think I can boost much further. Should I consider a diplomacy win even with Ramkham fighting me for city-states?

On a hilarious note, Valetta has taken Atilla's capital :lol:

Spoiler :

Poor Atilla. That is hilarious.

Tough to get an accurate picture without playing the game, but I don't think you will be able to peacefully ignore Siam. He is going to go straight for research labs, since it is on the way to CV/DV, and he is already ahead in science. With Japan you may have a little more time since he is likely placing a bit more effort on the bottom half of the tech tree and directing resources towards war.

If you can get Siam out of the picture, I think a diplo win is feasible.

Pay off Siam or Oda to go to war with each other; keep an eye out on Oda, he be Neutral and citadel-bombing your luxes is a VERY BAD sign, so bribe him to war Ramm asap

Go for Flight asap

Then attack the tech leader (Siam) with GW Bombers while keeping your GW active (so no Dynamite for now)

e: you have a pretty decent army size, btw. Just only 80,000 men short of the mil leader, its also why Siam is guarded of you and you should seize that opportunity by making it stick that way until airplanes

This one didn't end well. I paid Odo to go to war with Siam... actually on the cheap. But then he attacked Mombasa and was going to take it... which I just dropped 2k gold in to wrestle control from Siam. I had to pay him dearly to stop his attack. 2 turns later he makes peace with Siam. So I focus on pop growth and science.. trying to get to bombers. Siam DOWs me a few turns later. He controls every city state on the map. I give. Domination, Science, Culture and Diplo are all out of the question.

Thanks for the tips, but that war just took too much out of me.

You still have a save file from this point in the game? Looks like it could be a nice challenge.

I would have suggested rush buying a few public schools and then teching up to flight.

Enjoy. I may try it again as well from this point. Siam has such a large economic advantage that I wasted my cash trying to secure maritime CS.

Attachments

• Washington_0201 AD-1410.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
Top Bottom