1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Music in City Screen

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Surtur, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Surtur

Surtur Warlord

I am working on my own mod but I can't figure this one out. In Civ4 BTS whenever you enter the city screen the music stops and you hear the city ambient sounds. As soon as you leave the screen the music resumes.
    I would like the music to just keep playing and get rid of the city ambient sounds. Any advice? Is this even possible?

Modding the DLL is not a problem but I have no idea where the music is handled.

2. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

At first I thought I would have that tracked down in no time... think again. It looks like I can't find anything related to music in the code, either DLL or python.

However I did find one interesting thing.
    Code:
    virtual void selectCity(CvCity* pNewValue, bool bTestProduction = false) = 0;
    virtual CvCity* getHeadSelectedCity() = 0;
    Those two looks like they handle the city selection code and will be just what you need. Sadly they are for mysterious reasons placed inside the exe :(

3. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Most music related things are unfortunately hidden away inside the EXE.

4. Surtur

Surtur Warlord

That's what I feared :(
    Thanks anyway.