Music in RFC

littlecheez9

Chieftain
So, I've been getting a little bit more interested in classical-type music, and I've noticed that a lot of the songs I recognize are from Civ-specific music in RFC. Is there any place I can find what songs are used? Because the only ones I've been able to find, purely by guessing, are the Brandenburg Concertos...

They are in these locations (in my case):

C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Sounds

C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Assets\Sounds

C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Warlords\Assets\Sounds

I've looked in those places, but all I can find are a handful of ambient, diplomatic, and tech sounds. And I looked in the RFC folder, but it only has a few different menu songs...

With the exception of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (the RFC theme), all background music comes from the base game, and you find them in in Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack.

I changed many of my songs for better ones (the best probably being Dragon Roost Island from LoZ Wind Waker in ancient times or various epic music thingies for the Middle Ages) so yeah.

Thanks! I realized that I was looking in the BTS folder, not Vanilla, and I found all the songs I was looking for. Is there any sort of list of the titles or anything, that you know of?

EDIT: Never mind! I found a list on Wikipedia, and matched it to the songs I found...thanks! :)

With the exception of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (the RFC theme), all background music comes from the base game, and you find them in in Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack.

RFC doesn't use shine on you crazy diamond. That would be copywright breeching, i.e, rfc wouldn't have come with bts. I have listened to the rfc song and crazy dimamond many times, they are not the same. Rhye may have been inspiered by Pink Floyd, but that song that Rhye made is not by Pink Floyd. Besides, Pink Floyd doesn't use sythisier. ;)

Did you ever consider that it could be used exactly because it shipped with BtS? It is "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", but of course not the standard version by Pink Floyd.

I'm all for reinstating "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" but this time in it's entirety. It's very anticlimactic when the track's about to loop on the menu and it repeats right before you get to sing "Remember when you were young?"

Even if they weren't dripping with patriotism, RFC isn't RFC without SOYCD.

I'll have to agree with NinjaCow64, the RFC theme clearly isn't Shine on you crazy Diamond. It is in some passages quite like the Pink Floyd song, but it is not close enough to be even a variation.

Okay, let’s settle this once and for all.

Listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdAEmX0OpMk

Then listen to your RFC song. Are they the same song? No. You could say that some of the RFC song is similar to SOYCD, you could even say it was inspired by it. Unless the theme song was changed for the mac version (which I doubt very much), it is not the same.

This does not reduce the awesomeness of either song, I have been known to hum the RFC theme song many times. In fact, it shows that Rhye is a fantastic musician as well as a modder.

BTW, does anyone know where I can get sheet piano music for the RFC song? That’s how much I love that song. :D

:D

In the "RFC Theme", I'll call it that, if that's Rhye rippin' it up on guitar in the back it would be pretty cool. Although it could just be an odd synthesizer effect.

And as for Pink Floyd never using synthesizers, look up "Any Colour You Like" and "Set the Controls for The Heart of The Sun", although I believe the latter was some sort of Mellotron thing.

If I remember correctly, the RFC for Vanilla theme is Shine on You Crazy Diamond.

Top Bottom