Music is not playing and 2K difficult to engage

Infixo

Deity
I am after 4 iterations with 2K support about the music bug. Those guys do everything in their power to delay the process. They require tons of info and proofs. All of course under a false pretense that it would help solve it. In general this is true, but here is just ridiculous and absolutely stupid.
Iteration 1 - not even a person answered, just a bot telling you to clear cache, verify game files, etc.
Yup, I did. 2K+ hours in game. I know what I am doing.
Iteration 2 - Mohamed posted me to read an article about 2K support, make sure my game is properly installed and asked to provide DxDiag, MSInfo.
Yup, provided those.
Iteration 3 - Mohamed again, asking me about game modes and... here it goes... detailed description of the issue.
Well... there is no music in game. What else could be written?
Iteration 4 - Luis now, M. is away, and he says "could you please share a video showing that there is no audio in the game".
Really? Really?? Really???
:wallbash::badcomp:

Guys, they really don't believe the music is gone. Raise tickets. Flood them, otherwise this will be ignored. They must feel the cost of not fixing is higher than the cost of fixing it. That is how corpo mind works.

2K support is maddening to deal with. Every interaction I’ve had trying to report bugs “officially” has been an exercise in frustration. I know 2K owns Firaxis, but it’s like the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. There’s a total disconnect.

The best bet to report bugs is to post on the unofficial bug reports forum here. You have seen clear proof that they read the forum—remember, they silently adopted your fix for the Portugal/Tokugawa trade route issue :)

I wish Firaxis had its own official way to report bugs.

I have similar impressions with 2k support. I've reported 30+ bugs there and even for simple configuration bugs in xml files they have always asked me to post my dxdiag and msinfo even though I've never reported any hardware issue or crash... And similarly to you, each response is from a different person.

The best bet to report bugs is to post on the unofficial bug reports forum here.
And yet, we usually see one of them ask us to report the bug officially when it's posted here. That's probably because they have a system to work within and officially reported bugs get more attention.

And yet, we usually see one of them ask us to report the bug officially when it's posted here. That's probably because they have a system to work within and officially reported bugs get more attention.
To be quite honest, I don't recall seeing the developers ask that of us. I do, however, remember quite vividly Dennis Shirk being active on the Bug Reports subforum at one point post-Gathering Storm, replying to threads and getting savefiles from users.

Reporting to 2K is frustrating because you're talking to someone who is simply reading a script and seemingly has no idea about anything specific to Civ 6. Reporting on Bug Reports subforum at least clearly gets us results even today, even if they're unacknowledged officially.

The music bug is that no music plays at all, right? I have music in my game, weirdly.

The music bug is that no music plays at all, right? I have music in my game, weirdly.
After loading the game it plays exactly one track on the map and then nothing more. Are you telling that for you it plays track after track, as before? In that case could you describe your setup a bit more, e. g., Windows or iOS, or console, and what DLCs you have or don't have?

After loading the game it plays exactly one track on the map and then nothing more. Are you telling that for you it plays track after track, as before? In that case could you describe your setup a bit more, e. g., Windows or iOS, or console, and what DLCs you have or don't have?
Oh, okay, I misunderstood the bug. Music still seems to play in the leaders screen, but not in the actual game.

Last edited:
The main theme plays ok on FrontEnd. Once you start the game, the music's gone and there's no civ-specific music.
This is what confused me; there is civ music playing in game, it just fails to cycle. Once the first track finishes, the next one doesn't play, except if you're in the leader screen. You might want to add that to the support ticket.

This is what confused me; there is civ music playing in game, it just fails to cycle. Once the first track finishes, the next one doesn't play, except if you're in the leader screen. You might want to add that to the support ticket.
This is exactly what happened in recent game.

Submitted a report and this was their response:
I'm sorry to hear that the audio is missing and I can imagine how distressing that must be for you. I would have felt the same way if I had been in your place, but don't worry I'm here to help you out.

I would like to inform you that the appropriate team has been notified of this issue. However, we do not have visibility on their progress and therefore don't have a timeline on when a fix will be implemented.
I didn't have to go through the whole support carousel like Infixo did, so it seems like they are actually aware of the issue.

Last edited:
Has anybody flagged this on the various social media platforms, and tagged the composers? I'm not on Twitter, and all I can see on the FB page is complaints from console players about not being able to get the LP. Maybe if the composers knew all their work is basically for nothing, there might be some movement on a fix?

Iteration 5
After looking into this, I see the appropriate team has been notified of the issue. While I won't be able to provide updates on this report, I appreciate you reaching out to us to make sure we know about it. It's important to work with the community to make sure the game is at its best.
:woohoo:
Moderator Action: Given this update I have changed the thread title --NZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody flagged this on the various social media platforms, and tagged the composers? I'm not on Twitter, and all I can see on the FB page is complaints from console players about not being able to get the LP. Maybe if the composers knew all their work is basically for nothing, there might be some movement on a fix?
Support has acknowledged the issue and tagging the composers, who may not work on the game anymore and have no official channels of communication with firaxis and 2k, seems a bit inappropriate. Tagging the official firaxis page would be more appropriate.

@Infixo You were talking to Support. In my experience, Support (this isn't limited to 2K) solves issues for the more "clueless", less technologically inclined customers out there. Read: technical issues, installation issues. Things to get the game running. Things to fix your actual system. That kind of stuff.

Your issue is related to in-game content, so you what you want to do is log a bug report. "Flooding" Joe from Support isn't gonna do ish.

Folks like us who (I assume) generally know what we're doing will know the actual game far better than any given person you happen to get on a support line. I mean you can also tell Mohamed a whole lot about the AI acting odd, but knowing anything about that is outside of their job description.

(The music issue was posted about on Steam right after the update hit and has been on the game forum's front page since then. It's entirely visible. Not to mention you only have to run the game for a few minutes to notice the music missing. With an actual gameplay livestream coming up, there's no way the devs aren't aware.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom