Music of Civ VI

Would be fun to find out but realistically we won't know until after some random person locates the source melody or asks Geoff Knorr. I do wish Geoff would, as he did in Civ V, upload the music or a description of the source melody, how he found it, etc--loved those things about Civ V's music each time a new piece was released.

Would be fun to find out but realistically we won't know until after some random person locates the source melody or asks Geoff Knorr. I do wish Geoff would, as he did in Civ V, upload the music or a description of the source melody, how he found it, etc--loved those things about Civ V's music each time a new piece was released.

You can ask him on Twitter. He seems very passionate about his work.

Oh, I will definitely ask Mr. Knorr about Nubia's theme origin once the DLC is out. He'll be sure to answer me, I've been emailing him about his work since Civ5 vanilla.

I'm half expecting this to be a original melody, like Scythia and Sumeria. I don't think any music from ancient Nubia has survived.

Oh, I will definitely ask Mr. Knorr about Nubia's theme origin once the DLC is out. He'll be sure to answer me, I've been emailing him about his work since Civ5 vanilla.

I'm half expecting this to be a original melody, like Scythia and Sumeria. I don't think any music from ancient Nubia has survived.
It might be based on a Sudanese folk song for all we know.

No idea, but I absolutely *love* the Industrial version of the theme. Wow!

I think my favorite part of each DLC is the new music, honest to God. Like Macedon, Nubia came with some great music featuring enough variations to make their theme interesting.

No idea, but I absolutely *love* the Industrial version of the theme. Wow!

I think my favorite part of each DLC is the new music, honest to God. Like Macedon, Nubia came with some great music featuring enough variations to make their theme interesting.
Hearing how great the music has been so far makes me really hyped for the Mongols/Huns/Korean themes (tbh any civ that will be released). Atomic throat-singing!!!

Wow! Nubia's Atomic Era Theme is fantastic! And unlike Macedon's, you can actually tell there's an era change between Industrial and Atomic.

Hearing how great the music has been so far makes me really hyped for the Mongols/Huns/Korean themes (tbh any civ that will be released). Atomic throat-singing!!!
Indeed! Here's hoping for more vocals in the songs! Orchestral is great, but vocals can be excellent! (see, e.g. Russia's Civ V and their Atomic VI themes, Shaka's Peace and War themes from V, Kongo's background music track with vocals, forgot its name but it's not their main theme)

Indeed! Here's hoping for more vocals in the songs! Orchestral is great, but vocals can be excellent! (see, e.g. Russia's Civ V and their Atomic VI themes, Shaka's Peace and War themes from V, Kongo's background music track with vocals, forgot its name but it's not their main theme)
Mama Munu Dile? But yeah, vocals are sadly underused in Civ 6 apart from that, Sogno di Volare, Russia's theme, and ever so faintly in China's Atomic theme. Adding a choir to most industrial tracks would help to differentiate them rather than generally just being less interesting Atomic themes.

Okay, I asked Geoff Knorr about the music inspiration for Amanitore/Nubia's themes and I'm waiting for his reply :D

Mama Munu Dile? But yeah, vocals are sadly underused in Civ 6 apart from that, Sogno di Volare, Russia's theme, and ever so faintly in China's Atomic theme. Adding a choir to most industrial tracks would help to differentiate them rather than generally just being less interesting Atomic themes.
Agreed, and vocals would be essentially appropriate for Korea if they use Arirang again, or Mongolia, for some throat-singing (it need not be in all iterations of Mongolia's theme, but at least two would be nice).

I like the Medieval theme the best. The beat sounds like it would fit in with an electric rock ensemble.

Don't know if it's actually based on this but sounds pretty similar:
From around 1:03:20 onwards.

Agreed, and vocals would be essentially appropriate for Korea if they use Arirang again, or Mongolia, for some throat-singing (it need not be in all iterations of Mongolia's theme, but at least two would be nice).
I didn't realize throat-singing was a Mongolian thing; I thought it was unique to the Inuit and Sami.

Top Bottom