Music of NESing

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by ~Darkening~, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Darkening~

~Darkening~ Weep, Mother.

Egh, I just clicked cancel while writing a story for Jalnes and I'm in no mood to start it over.So I'll create another useless thread to occupy my time until I start up with the impressions again.

I know I blast music when I write (I've actually had a couple complaints from doing it) and I was wondering how many people do the same. If so, what kinds?

While I listen to pretty much everything out (well, excluding modern rap and classical), I'm really into Fuel, Coldplay, Stone Sour (if you can't tell by the quote), Evanenscence, and Three Days Grace right now.

2. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

I to listen to music while writing. Well I generally listen to music whenever on my pc.

Through the Glass is a good song and I was addicted to it a week ago. I listen to Lots of Rock music. Motorhead is my favorite band ever.

3. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Duran Duran, REM, Sum 41, and U2 are the bands I listen to while updating. Some of you in my NES may have noticed some lyrics I toss in occasionally.

4. MjM

MjM Deity

I listen to music every second of everyday pretty much.
    I like heavy metal which may explain why I like violence in my NESes ;)

5. JosefStalinator

JosefStalinator Я буду снова здесь

Arg, coldplay? Kids these days... I swear. What happened to the good old days of decent music?

Things like The Who, Beatles, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd (probably favorite), Queen, and so many others accompany me when I'm NESing. General classic rock.

The rule is- if its after 1990, it's (very generally) bad. Unless you like metal, in which case I hear theres still good stuff.

6. Gelion

Gelion Captain

If its a "themed" NES (like Dune, Mars, Fallout) or anything like that I listen to songs from those games or movies. If not the preferably something calm (Blonker) or patriotic (like hymns of nations and warsongs).

7. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

I listen to Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, John OO Flemming and anything trancey. I have also been listening to a heap of happy hardcore as of late. I guess this is because I am a raver at heart and I used to DJ quite a bit.

8. Symphony D.

Symphony D. Deity

If I'm listening to music while writing orders, certain things tend to get fairly heavy rotation depending on what's going on, such as:

Spoiler Songs :
    AC/DC - Hell's Bells
    Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet
    Apoptygma Berzerk - Burnin' Heretic
    Beethoven - Ode To Joy
    Black Sabbath - Children of The Grave
    Black Sabbath - Iron Man
    Black Sabbath - War Pigs
    Blue Oyster Cult - Godzilla
    Credence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son
    Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
    Frank Klepacki - Hellmarch
    Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
    Iced Earth - 1776
    Iron Maiden - Aces High
    Iron Maiden - The Trooper
    Iron Maiden - Two Minutes To Midnight
    John Williams - Imperial March
    Judas Priest - Electric Eye
    Led Zepplin - Immigrant Song
    Manowar - Warriors Of The World
    Megadeth - Architecture of Aggression
    Megadeth - Crush'em
    Megadeth - Dawn Patrol
    Megadeth - Rust In Peace... Polaris
    Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction
    Metallica - Don't Tread On Me
    Motorhead - March Or Die
    Motorhead - Orgasmatron
    Muse - Apocalypse Please
    Muse - Exo-Politics
    Nightwish - Tenth Man Down
    Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
    Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide
    Rammstein - Amerika
    Rammstein - Links 234
    Rob Zombie - Superbeast
    Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture
    The Clash - London Calling
    VNV Nation - Circling Overland
    VNV Nation - Honour
    Yngwie Malmsteen - I Am A Viking
    Yngwie Malmsteen - Seventh Sign
    Yngwie Malmsteen - Vengeance

Yes, it's eclectic. No, that's by no means complete. It tends to vary. Stories I listen to just about anything (only things I really just can't stand are "gangsta" rap, most country, and most modern pop).

9. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

I never listen to music. I hate music. Its just noise.

10. andis-1

andis-1 The Hedgehog

I listen to nightwish, withing temptation, lacuna coil, stratovarius, dragonforce, system of a down, and occasionally gnarls barkley, lordi, indica, fort minor, iron maiden, queen, metallica, and movie soundtracks. Those are the ones I find on my computer, but there are lots of other music that I like but which I haven't bothered acquiring yet.

@ silver, if thats your opinion then you haven't heard any good music.

11. tossi

tossi Der kleine Prinz

I have discovered that non-stop listening to an arbitrary total trance playlist is extremely relaxing if you have write anything longer then a few paragraphs.

12. Azale

Azale Deity

Josef summed up my music interests pretty well. Mix in a few random wierd songs I listen to for fun, and you have my music library ;)

13. Finmaster

Finmaster The White Ghost

Amen & Hallelujah to that!

14. North King

North King blech

Much more nerdy than all these. I have pretty much every game soundtrack from the computer games I own, soundtrack from Lord of the Rings, a few musicals, Barber's Adagio for Strings, some recordings of choirs I sang in, a few pop artists, and some other random tracks. I like it; who else has even heard the 9th century Tang battle hymn, "The King of Qin Breaks the Enemy's Formation," let alone regularly listens to it? :p

15. das

das Regeneration In Process

You know, I've been thinking about starting this thread five times already, but always put it off and later forgot all about it for some reason. ;)

Personally I don't care much for - or know too much about - modern music. So its game soundtracks for me (including some of the Syndicalist songs that come with the Kaiserreich mod for HoI2...), plus Vladimir Vysotsky, especially the WWII-related songs (that was especially great for NES2 VIb, Russian front, Suvorov's infamous February Offensives), although the others work too, even if they're utterly out of theme with the NES itself. Oh, and on a few random occasions, random modern Russian music (don't know how it got on my PC; its even more out of team, but it does speed me up).

16. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

10 years, coheed and cambria, System of the Down (w00t!), Ali Faka Toure, caribbean jazz project, habib kote (probably spelt that wrong), hugh masakela, slipknot, common, gorrilaz and jimi hendrix (the father of rock baby!)

currently im listening to mostly coheed and cambria and 10 years

and i listen to it all at once! lol no but that would be pretty sweet idea

17. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

The Who, Wierd Al, Linkin Park, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Arrogant Worms, Atari Teenage Robot(YES, GERMANY ANARCHY MUSIC), Peaches, Lots of Boston and Aerosmith, Queen, and John Lennon when i feel like a hippie.

18. Erik Mesoy

Erik Mesoy Core Tester / Intern

SomaFM. Ten'Chaaar!!! :mad:

19. JosefStalinator

JosefStalinator Я буду снова здесь

What collection would be complete without random throw ins like "What is Love" and "The Final Countdown" ;)?

Good to see others still like the gooduns... even if some like Swissempire are partially swayed to the dark side.

Though I was glad to see Boston.

20. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

I've heard of it and listen to it regularly :p

In addition, I have a strange love for girly songs in addition to the normal classical and baroque period songs from bach, mozart, beethoven and a few romantic songs by heller and etc.

The girly songs are like Unfaithful by Rihanna, and Kiss the Girl by Tisdale :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.