1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Music Script Request

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Praetyre, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Praetyre

Praetyre King

This is a somewhat unusual yet hopefully fairly basic request, so bear with me.

I am in need of a script which can read the contents of particular folders and add all mp3 files within them to a particular era in accordance with the name of the folder (i.e. files in the "Ancient" folder get added to the "Ancient" era, files in the "Transhuman" folder to the "Transhuman" era, and so forth). Background on the problem is here. If there's a simpler and easier way to do so which can still manage to include the three extra eras in that mod, I'm happy with it; it's the destination, not the journey, which I'm concerned with.

The files in question which need to be modified, as noted in the link, are;
    AudioDefines.xml
    Audio2dScripts.xml
    CIV4EraInfos.xml

Feel free to move this if this is the wrong forum; I've never made a modding request on this site before, so I don't know the procedure, and this only barely qualifies as a Civ IV mod in a real sense anyway.