Music/ Soundtrack/ Medieval

Duncan_Idaho

Chieftain
Hmm, as much as I love CIV 4, I think the music/soundtracks lose their charm with every patch.

I really don't see why Baba Yetu had to be removed. The Warlords soundtrack wasn't so bad but compared to Baba Yetu..?
The BtS soundtrack sounds somewhat gloomy and depressive.

The soundtrack of the medieval age(some christian choir) also sounds very depressive. I don't know about the other players, but after spending one hour in the medieval, I find myself scowling and with a gloomy mood (and that's not because of the enemy macemen:p). Also, maybe not everyone is a fan of christianity, so maybe pick a more impartial music?

The 'custom music folder' option is good to have (I usually load Conan's soundtrack from Amra's modpack) but using this option just because of the medieval leaves out all the good music of the other ages.

So, what this thread is about:

1. Does anyone else feel like that?

2. If they do, maybe Civilization Revolution will have better soundtracks?:p

Every time I start a new game, I hear the medieval music more often then any other piece of music in the game. I don't like the medieval era's music because it's not very epic nor does anything to get us hyped. I do not hear any good "festival" or "Celtic" like songs from the medieval era.

I hope that the music in this game changes and make the game more impressive and ongoing. Not any of that slow religious chant crap.

yeah i hate the medeival music too. the classical age music is my fav.

by the way shouldent this be in the civ 4 area, not revoloution?

Top Bottom