1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Music

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by CharmzOC, Sep 6, 2006.

?

Favorite New Music

1. Opening Menu

38 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. Celts - Brennus

18 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. Vikings - Ragnar

8 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Zulu - Shaka

7 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. Korean - Wang Kon

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Ottomans - Mehmed

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  7. Carthage - Hannibal

8 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. CharmzOC

CharmzOC Chieftain

Anyway just really want to know what you guys and gals here think about the musical additions in civ 4 warlords

Question - Does anyone the actual Brennus song. Also out of all the new civs i like Brennus's middle the best and Mehmed's late second

2. vyapti

vyapti Prince

I heard the music as the openning screen and immediately switched to pink floyd. Haven't heard the in game music but didn't like what I heard.

3. Andorim

Andorim Warlord

I enjoy all of the music -- except for the modern era stuff.

4. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

I like the opening track: höma höma höme löh :lol:

5. karr1255

karr1255 Warlord

Agreed. Everything just fits the game nicely und it wouldn't feel right to pop metal or hip-hop in during a medieval war. :lol:

6. neferator

neferator Chieftain

I like the music in civ 4. Vast improvement over all other civ games I've played. I do like the menu music, but the only problem with it is that it makes me want to play Prince of Persia instead, for some reason :)

7. Pitboss

Pitboss Prince

The menu music. The music during the game itself was beter in civ2 and 3. But that's my personal taste speaking. :cool:

8. neferator

neferator Chieftain

In civ 3 I rarely listened to the in-game music and usually did what vyapti said - played my own. Or more often than not, listen to the radio... spent many happy evenings listening to the radio and playing civ 3 :) but the civ 4 music is too good, I don't turn it off!

Civ 2's music was ok though. Civ 3 just did not agree with me, and SMAC was just boring musically.

9. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

You read my mind. In fact I used prince of persia music for my mod.

Also on topic, the current music for the modern music is terrible, I wished they brought over the civ 3 modern era music era for this game's modern era.

10. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

I really liked the main menu music. Im not sure why though. I think it really set the mood for me to be a warmonger (where as in vanilla civ I am a peacemonger.)

11. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

Man that baba yetu got really annoying since I heard it 300 gabillion times. Its a nice change indeed.

12. neferator

neferator Chieftain

I even like the modern era music. But then I'm one of those people who's quite easily pleased (yet still I hated civ 3's music sometimes).

I'll keep an eye on your mod. I love the music from prince of persia. Indeed, I love Prince of Persia as a whole (yes, all 3 games - though that's not to be discussed here, methinks).

13. Virulent

Virulent King

Having the Civ III music is nice, but I wished they played it during some of the other eras besides classical. Why should I be hearing music by Western European composers during the Medieval and Renaissance if I'm playing a Mid-eastern or Asian Civ?

Brennus' diplo music is very nice, probably the best of the bunch, but the fact that the new leaders for pre-existing Civs doesn't get new diplo music saddens me.

Also the next Warlords patch needs to include the option to change between the vanillia Civ and Warlords Title Screen/Music/Moive without having to change around the file names.

14. neferator

neferator Chieftain

I was starting to think I was the only one who prefers the 'vanilla' title screen, intro and music. The new one is pretty good but I prefer the old one.

Speaking of music, I'd love it if there was a way to add your own music to the different eras, rather than just lumping everything of your own together in a customer folder. In other words, there's some music I'd like to add to some of the eras, still have it shuffled, and not have to fiddle with a custom folder when I change eras.

15. wioneo

wioneo King

Nobody wants to Wang Kong tonight...

16. Antilogic

Antilogic --

I'm suprised that Hannibal's theme doesn't have a greater following. I think it's pretty good. Has a real civvy feel to it.

17. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

Yeah I think the new warlords civs music are a lot better than th vanilla civs just because they put a lot more effort into their music.

18. Underdawg

Underdawg King

I prefer the original Civ 4 Menu Music. Baba Yetu FTW! I like the original main menu background too.

19. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

...but whomever DJ'd the game gets a demerit for not using the Soviet anthem for Stalin, nor 'Rondo Alla Turca' for the Ottomans!

20. Antilogic

Antilogic --

I was really wanting the Soviet National Anthem as Stalin's theme. As a matter of fact, I have a version of it sung by the Red Army Choir that I could mod in...